2015 FedEx Rate Changes
Effective January 5, 2015 FedEx Express, FedEx Ground and FedEx Freight standard list rates will increase.
FedEx will implement the following changes to fees and other surcharges, effective January 5, 2015 unless otherwise noted:
FedEx Express Changes
- Address Correction Fee will change from $11 to $11.50 per shipment.
- Missing or Invalid Account Numbers Fee will change from $11 to $11.50 per shipment.
- Dry Ice surcharge will change from the greater of $5 per shipment or $0.10 per lb. (0.5kg) to the greater of $5.50 per shipment or $0.15 per lb. (0.5kg).
FedEx Ground Changes
- Collect on Delivery (C.O.D.) charges will change as follows:
- For non-cash C.O.D. for Intra-Canada and International shipments there will be an additional charge of $9.50 per package when FedEx is directed to collect payment from the recipient.
- For cash C.O.D. to the U.S., there will be an additional charge of $9.50 for currency collection up to $475, plus an additional 2% of the currency C.O.D. amount in excess of $475.
- FedEx Ground will apply dimensional weight pricing to all intra-Canada and International shipments. Currently, FedEx Ground applies dimensional weight pricing only to packages measuring three cubic feet (5,184 cubic inches or 84,951 cubic centimeters) or greater.
FedEx Freight Changes
- Rate change affects the FXF 1000, FXF 501, FXFC 1100 and other related series base rates. The effect of the rate increase will vary for individual shippers and shipments, based on such factors as geography, lane and service.
- Rate change applies to eligible FedEx Freight shipments within Canada, between the contiguous U.S. and Canada, within the U.S. (including Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands), between the contiguous U.S. and Mexico and within Mexico. Additional changes will include absolute minimum charges and accessorial rates and charges.