Frequently Asked Questions
Where does FedEx Critical Inventory Logistics have stocking locations?
We can utilize more than 500 stocking locations in 26 countries throughout our FedEx Express and third-party provider locations. We work to make your distribution operations more efficient, as well as improve your transportation network, providing long-term solutions. We can help you:
- Select the optimum fulfillment location, route and mode of shipping
- Source from multiple stocking locations when necessary to fill an order
- Provide access to predetermined original equipment manufacturer or supplier stocking locations
Features of Service:
- Same-day local delivery in as little as two hours
- Orders available for pickup within 30 minutes
- Order placement by part number, serial number, lot number and expiration date
- Specialized packaging and labeling
- Inspection and quality control
- Returns processing
Can FedEx optimize transportation between my stocking locations?
Yes. We don't just look at ways to make your distribution operations more efficient; we also work to improve your transportation network so the end result is a long-term solution. We can help you:
- Select the optimum fulfillment location, route and mode of shipping.
- Source from multiple stocking locations when necessary to fill an order.
- Provide access to predetermined original equipment manufacturer or supplier stocking locations.
Does FedEx Critical Inventory Logistics provide network planning and analysis support?
Yes. FedEx Critical Inventory Logistics isn't just a "one-size-fits-all" solution. Our team collaborates extensively with yours to make sure the stocking location network resources we put in place meet your long-term objectives.
- Determine optimal stocking network design to meet required service level agreements.
- Prepare "what if" scenarios that weigh the impact of changes to the number of geographic locations or service level agreements.
- Measure transportation service and cost impacts.
What technology is used to manage critical shipments?
FedEx® Global Supply Chain Manager technology supports the local, regional or global movement of your most critical service parts and finished goods inventory.
- Utilizes a single global system to reduce complexity and support global growth.
- Supports multiple order placement and tracking options to give you more flexibility.
- Enables real-time order and shipment tracking.
- Provides global inventory visibility and management.
- Supports expedited order capabilities, using FedEx® International Next Flight, FedEx SameDay® and courier services.
- Provides cost estimates, rate calculations and your specific service level agreement logic or business rules for more control.
- Allows for optional monitoring of a critical order's milestones.
- Supports asset recovery and returns capabilities.
What is Command and Control?
Our dedicated Command and Control customer support teams are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to monitor orders and check stock levels. Our teams serve as an extension of your team so you don't have to invest in staff to support your growing business.
Features of Service:Order processing
- On-demand cost estimates and quotations
- Optimized sourcing location and mode of transportation
- Order entry, inventory allocation, release and execution
- Booking of next-flight-out shipments
- Tendering to local couriers
- Monitoring of orders, delivery and returns
- Proactive alerts and event notification
- Delay detection and recovery
- Escalation management
What is the FedEx Global Distribution Center?
Enjoy order cutoff times that extend your service day by integrating FedEx Critical Inventory Logistics into your daily operations. Our centralized global distribution centers, with scalable warehouse and order management capabilities, act as a seamless extension of your business.
Features of Service:
- Access to your inventory 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year at the FedEx Global Distribution Center (GDC) in Memphis
- Fully temperature controlled and monitored with a compliant temperature recording system
- End-to-end custodial control
- ISO 9001:2000 certified business processes
- Complete management processes including pick, pack and ship; kitting; and return services
- 900,000 square feet of storage space
- Warehouse management system technology
- RF-enabled. Bin, rack, floor or bulk storage positions
- On- and off-site monitored security and fire suppression systems
Do you support returns management?
Yes. Return services include:
- Asset exchange: We replace and reship your broken or damaged asset.
- Advanced asset exchange: We replace and reship your broken or damaged asset, as well as have it repaired
- Value-added returns monitoring
- Asset recovery reporting
- Call follow-up
- Routing disposition
- Rules-based disposition based on reason, code and condition
- Inspection and validation
- Instructions and notifications
- Include instruction sheets with shipments or deliver via email
- Request return shipment notifications
What quality certifications have you received?
FedEx Critical Inventory Logistics stocking locations are ISO 9001 certified. Additionally, to meet the needs of healthcare customers, we are both ISO 13485 and VAWD (Verified-Accredited Wholesale Distributors) certified.
What other value-added services can FedEx Critical Inventory Logistics provide?
Getting all the "extras" through a single provider can simplify your operations. That's why we provide value-added services.
For the healthcare sector, we can inspect, test, package and label your finished goods, surgical instruments or kits, and supplies so they're ready for distribution or restock. For high-tech customers, we can help you close the supply chain loop by speeding up the reverse cycle, as well as inspect, test, kit, repackage and relabel your finished goods or spare parts.