Why FedEx SmartPost?
When you need to ship low-weight packages to residential customers, consider efficient, economical FedEx SmartPost shipping service. By utilizing the U.S. Postal Service® (USPS) for final delivery, FedEx SmartPost reaches every U.S. address, including P.O. boxes and military APO, FPO and DPO destinations. You can even use FedEx SmartPost to ship to Alaska, Hawaii and all U.S. territories.
FedEx SmartPost is a great solution for online retailers, catalogers, fulfillment houses and direct marketers who are looking for a cost-effective means of shipping low-weight packages to residential customers.
FedEx SmartPost shipping advantages — state-of-the-art technology, 25 strategically located hubs, dock-door to doorstep pickup and delivery, zone-skipping expertise, and an alliance with the USPS — all work together to provide a streamlined process and reliable delivery.
Features of Service
Below are some specific details about what convenient features and benefits FedEx SmartPost has to offer.
- Coverage to every residential address in the U.S., including P.O. boxes, APO, FPO and DPO destinations, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands and all other U.S. territories. FedEx SmartPost does not pickup packages originating outside the contiguous U.S.
- Transit Times typically 2 to 7 business days within the contiguous U.S., based on the final destination ZIP code. Longer transit times to destinations outside the contiguous U.S.
- Maximum weight is 70 lbs; maximum length and girth is 130 inches.
- Full FedEx SmartPost tracking visibility on fedex.com with estimated delivery date.
- No residential or Saturday delivery surcharges.
- Delivery scans available throughout the day.
- Limit of liability is $100.
- Customer reports via FedEx® Reporting Online.
FedEx SmartPost, when supplemented by the U.S. Postal Service® (USPS), offers an unparalleled retail delivery network. In fact, using FedEx SmartPost, in conjunction with the USPS for last-mile delivery provides an efficient means of package delivery.
- FedEx SmartPost service provides FedEx expertise and logistics strength and access to the vast delivery network of the USPS. The service results includes 98 percent on-time delivery for packages dropped off at Destination Delivery Units (DDUs).
- Serving over 119 million addresses, the USPS delivers to every residence in the U.S. six days a week.
FedEx SmartPost for Large Shippers
Ship more than 500 residential low-weight packages a day? Watch this video to see how FedEx SmartPost is an ideal shipping solution for you.
FedEx SmartPost for Small Shippers
Small businesses that ship smarter use FedEx SmartPost for low-weight residential shipping. Watch this video to see how FedEx SmartPost makes it easy for you and convenient for your customers.
FedEx SmartPost has a completely integrated national network that picks up, sorts and delivers your packages directly to USPS entry points, primarily DDUs. This means you benefit from a streamlined process, less handling of your packages, and faster, more reliable deliveries. Details of the process include:
Based on your average daily shipping volume, we offer a customized solution to get your packages from your facility to our high-tech distribution facilities for same-day sorting.
Scanning and sorting
Scanners read package bar codes and cross-check them against merchant manifests. Packages are weighed, measured and logged into our data-collection system. This system assigns thousands of packages an hour to the proper destination ZIP codes, and fully automated tilt-tray sorters carry them to the appropriate chutes for loading.
Tractor-trailers carry packages to entry points deep in the postal system, thereby skipping several postal processing centers along the way, which results in reduced transit time, minimized handling and maximized postal discounts. Throughout the delivery process, we utilize our technology to provide shipment visibility of your packages while they are en route to their destinations.
The USPS completes in-home delivery to your customers’ addresses, P.O. boxes, or military APO and FPO destinations.
A suite of tools on fedex.com provides 24-hour access to package information, shipment-status tracking, logistics analysis, billing statements and report creation, enabling you to run your business more effectively and efficiently.
For more information about FedEx SmartPost, or to get started using this service, contact your FedEx account executive, or call 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339.
FedEx will work directly with you to:
- Review and sign a contract for service.
- Review your operation and develop a rollout plan.
- Establish a U.S. Postal Service® (USPS) Mailer ID.
- Work with you and the USPS to obtain USPS Label Certification.
USPS is registered trademark of the United States Postal Service. © 2011