Choose your test and check the appropriate box on the application.
For packages shipping with FedEx Express or FedEx Ground, choose the ISTA-6-FEDEX-A test.
For packages shipping with FedEx Express® Freight, choose the ISTA-6-FEDEX-B test.
For FedEx Freight less-than-truckload (LTL) shipments, choose the ISTA 3B test.
Fill out the rest of the application and provide an accurate description of the product.
Prepare a sample test package including all of the components in the exact configuration you would send to a customer. Use the instructions below on how to prep your package.
Attach a copy of the completed application to the outside of the outermost package using a shipping pouch or packing list envelope.
Email the test application to firstname.lastname@example.org with your company name in the subject line.
Send the test package to:
FedEx Packaging Lab
789 Progress Road
Collierville, TN 38017
If you have questions, email the lab at email@example.com.
How to prepare your test package
- Mark the test package as “Test Package.”
- Put the test package inside a sturdy outer shipping container.
- Place material between the test package and the outer container. You can use foam, air-cellular cushioning, packing peanuts, or any other protective material to prevent damage to your test package during shipment.
- Mark the outer container “Overpacked/Test Pkg. Inside.”
- Attach a copy of the completed application to the outside of the outermost package using a shipping pouch or packing list envelope.
- Overwrap the test package using corrugated pads, angle boards, or stretch wrap to provide protection during shipment.
- Band palletized test packages onto an extra pallet and use an overwrap to help prevent damage during transit.
- Non-palletized shipments can be sent in an overbox or overpack, or on a pallet for safe shipment. Note on the application to remove the extra pallet before testing, if necessary. Also indicate which of the over-packing components to remove before freight testing.
- Attach a copy of the completed application to the outside using a shipping pouch or packing list envelope.
*Please note that these services are provided in the U.S. and available in English only.