FedEx Freight Support
Find the answers, the information and the resources to help you with all your shipping and business needs with FedEx. Read Frequently Asked Questions, check out detailed information on our services, or contact us with any questions via e-mail, phone or mail.
- Does FedEx offer weekend delivery?
Using one of our online tools is the best way to determine transit times for your shipments. Follow one of our links to find the service that best fits your needs.
- What are my choices for overnight delivery?
In some cases, FedEx Freight® and FedEx National LTLSM may provide overnight service depending on locations and distance involved. For specific delivery commitments based on your shipment's origin and destination, please see view our Transit Times and Transit Maps.
- What documentation is required for international shipments?
Each country has different document requirements for inbound shipments. Most often, international shipments should be accompanied by a Bill of Lading, a Shipper's Letter of Instruction, a Commercial Invoice, a packing list and a Certificate of Origin. For specific requirements for international freight, learn more on our International Services page. You can find Forms Required for Shipping on our Shipping Desk.
- How do I determine the address my package was delivered to?
If you have the package tracking number, you can access delivery city information and signature information if a signature was obtained.
- I am shipping a package and want to know when it will arrive?
Using one of our online tools is the best way to determine transit times for your shipments. Follow one of our links to find the service that best fits your needs:
- Does FedEx Freight have an overnight delivery option?
FedEx Freight® provides next-day or overnight delivery with FedEx Freight® Priority depending on locations and distance involved. For specific delivery commitments based on your shipment's origin and destination, select the Ship tab and Get Rates and Transits or View Transit Maps.
- How do I schedule a pickup?
From any page on fedex.com, select the Ship tab in the top navigation bar and select Schedule a Pickup Or, log in to fedex.com and take advantage of the online address book to manage pickups at any of your shipping and receiving locations.
- You can also contact customer service at 1.866.393.4585 or your local service center to schedule a pickup. For service center information, select Find Locations from the Ship tab. Enter your origin ZIP or city and state, or select a location from the drop-down menu.
- I'm expecting a shipment, when will it arrive?
Track the status of your shipment on fedex.com using your tracking number and look for the Estimated Delivery Date. We are unable to specify an exact delivery time. Typically deliveries occur during normal business hours and depend on the service selected.
If you do not have your tracking number, contact the shipper to obtain the tracking number. Customer service may be able to find your shipment information if you are unable to get your tracking number from the shipper. Contact us at 1.866.393.4585.
- How do I determine the delivery address of my shipment?
If you have the tracking number, you can access delivery city information and signature information if a signature was obtained. Click here to track your Shipment.
- I tracked my shipment, and there haven't been scans on it in more than a day. What should I do?
Packages in the FedEx system receive scans at various points between pickup and delivery. It is not unusual for a package to go more than 24 hours without a scan while in transit – your package may be traveling as intended.
- I tracked my shipment, and there are no scans. What should I do?
If there are no scans for the tracking number entered, contact your shipper to verify the tracking number is correct. If you are the shipper, and it has been more than 24 hours since you dropped off the shipment or had the shipment picked up, please contact us at 1.866.393.4585.
- When I first tracked the shipment, it had an estimated delivery date, and now there isn't one. What does this mean?
We are able to provide the estimated delivery date information for many of our shipments. When the shipment encounters a delay or an exception in handling, we may not be able to accurately state when we expect the package to be delivered.
- How do I file a claim for a FedEx Freight shipment?
You can file a claim for a FedEx Freight® shipment online. Click here.
- What documentation is needed to file a claim?
A claim must be presented with a statement describing the goods lost or damaged, and how the amount of the claim was determined. This statement should be supported with a copy of the Bill of Lading or a freight bill, a copy of an inspection report, if one was performed, and a copy of the vendor's original invoice or other document to establish the value of the goods.
For additional claims information, contact customer service at 1.866.393.4585.
- Who should file a claim?
The claim should be filed by the owner or party in interest of the goods in transit at the time the loss or damage occurred. If the shipment moved at a released rate, the shipper should be contacted before a claim is filed.
- When must a FedEx Freight claim be filed?
A claim must be filed within nine months from the date of delivery or, in the event of non-delivery, within nine months after a reasonable time for delivery has elapsed.
- How can I determine the charges for a previous shipment?
Log in to fedex.com. Select the Track tab in the top navigation. Select Obtain Bill of Lading and enter your tracking number. Select More Actions and then Bill Presentment to retrieve shipment charges, or contact customer service at 1.866.393.4585.
- How can I get a copy of a signed delivery receipt?
There are two ways to retrieve a copy of a signed Delivery Receipt (proof of delivery):
- Online: Log in to fedex.com and select the Manage tab in the top navigation bar. Select Obtain Proof of Delivery. Images can be viewed online, or sent to you by e-mail or fax.
- E-mail: Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for instant tracking results. It's easy. Just list your tracking number, followed by a space and the word image.
For additional shipping information, contact customer service at 1.866.393.4585.
Registration for fedex.com is required to obtain proof of delivery.