FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com Support
View our Frequently Asked Questions below to to find a quick answer regarding shipping on fedex.com.
- Does FedEx offer weekend delivery?
FedEx Express offers Saturday delivery options to most metropolitan postal codes. Select the Saturday delivery option and then select FedEx Priority Overnight® service if you will ship the package on Friday or FedEx 2Day® if you will ship the package on Thursday. The shipper must select the Saturday Delivery special handling option at the time of shipment.
FedEx Home Delivery® offers standard Saturday delivery to residential addresses and may deliver on Saturdays depending on the transit time from origin to destination.
A Saturday delivery surcharge will apply to FedEx Express® shipments.
Using one of our online tools is the best way to determine transit times for your shipments. Follow one of our links to find the service that best fits your needs.
FedEx SameDay® and FedEx® International Next Flight provide same-day service in the shortest time possible. Call 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339 for availability and rate.
If the Saturday Delivery special handling option is not selected, a shipment sent overnight on Friday will be delivered the next business day: Monday. If the Saturday Delivery special handling option is not selected, a shipment sent via FedEx 2Day on Thursday will be delivered the second business day: Monday.
- What are my choices for overnight delivery?
Recognizing your deadlines can vary day to day, FedEx provides three overnight delivery options: FedEx First Overnight® by 8, 8:30, 9 or 10 a.m. the next business day; FedEx Priority Overnight® by 10:30 a.m. the next business day; and FedEx Standard Overnight® by 3 p.m. the next business day. The latter is a cost-effective choice if you can wait for afternoon delivery.
In some cases, FedEx Ground, FedEx Home Delivery and FedEx Freight may provide overnight service depending on locations and distances involved. For specific delivery commitments based on your shipment's origin and destination, please see our Get Rates & Transit Times application.
- How do I determine the address my package was delivered to?
If you have the package tracking number, you can access delivery city information and signature information if a signature was obtained.
If you need the detailed delivery information (includes address), you can obtain a Signature Proof of Delivery online by using your tracking number and the shipper's or payer’s account number.
- Is it possible to change the service type or delivery speed of a package once I have already sent it?
Generally it is not possible to change the service commitment of the shipment once it has been shipped.
- How I cancel a shipment I created online?
Shipments can be cancelled in FedEx Ship Manager® at fedex.com’s Ship History. Log into FedEx Ship Manager® at fedex.com and click on the Ship History tab. Select the shipment and click on the Cancel button
- I lost the label I printed. Can I reprint the label?
FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com allows you to reprint shipping labels and/or international documentation. FedEx labels and documents may be reprinted up to 12 hours after they are processed, or until midnight local time (whichever comes first). Click on the Ship History tab, select the shipment, and click on the Reprint button.
- Can I get a copy of the delivery signature?
You can get a copy of the recipient's signature on your FedEx Express® or FedEx Ground® shipment by using our Signature Proof of Delivery tool. Proof of delivery is offered for most packages shipped within the U.S., to Canada and to Puerto Rico. Shipment delivery signatures from other international locations are not available at this time.
- How do I change the delivery address on my shipment?
If you are the shipper, you may contact FedEx Customer Service at 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339 to change the delivery address. A $12.50 service charge will be billed to the account on the shipment.
If you are the intended recipient of the package and you wish to provide additional information about the delivery address (example, add a suite or apartment number), you may contact FedEx Customer Service at 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339. If you are the intended recipient and want the shipment delivered to a new address, contact the package's shipper and request the change of address.
You may request your package be held for pickup at your nearby FedEx Office location. For FedEx Express® packages, you may also request the package be held at the delivery station.
- I've shipped a package, when will FedEx deliver?
Track the status of your package on fedex.com using your tracking number and look for the Estimated Delivery Date. We are unable to specify an exact delivery time. Typically deliveries occur during normal business hours and depend on service selected.
If you do not have your tracking number, contact the shipper to obtain the tracking number. Customer service may be able to find your shipment information if you are unable to get your tracking number from the shipper. Contact us at 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339.
- I am shipping a package, when it will arrive?
Using one of our online tools is the best way to determine transit times for your shipments. Follow one of our links to find the service that best fits your needs.
- What is the difference between FedEx Express and FedEx Ground?
FedEx Express lets you choose from several different services so you can pick the delivery time that fits your degree of urgency. It's for shippers with high-value or time-critical shipments who need to plan on fast delivery on a specific day, by a specific time. FedEx Ground service is a cost-effective solution for routine shipments that don't need the speed of express shipping. You receive reliable delivery for packages up to 150 lbs., with the precise date of delivery based on distance from origin to destination.
- How do I ship collect or C.O.D.?
For specific C.O.D. information, go to our Guide to Services and select the Collect on Delivery (C.O.D.) Service option.
- How do I specify a time window for delivery?
FedEx has a variety of shipping options:
- For FedEx Express® shipments, we offer several services that provide delivery by a certain time. Select the service that delivers by your specified time.
- For FedEx Ground® shipments, we deliver by the end of business day on the scheduled delivery day.
- For FedEx Home Delivery® shipments, we delivery between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m., Monday through Saturday. If your recipient wishes to schedule a specific time frame for delivery, you can select one of our convenient delivery options: FedEx Evening Home Delivery® or FedEx Appointment Home Delivery®.
Please see our Get Rates & Transit Times application to explore our delivery options.
- What are your delivery hours?
Delivery days and times vary by service type:
- FedEx Express: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (and Saturday with Saturday Delivery special handling option)
- FedEx Ground: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- FedEx Home Delivery: Tuesday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Please note, specific delivery times may vary by location, especially for rural areas.
- Are FedEx Express and FedEx Ground shipments backed by a money-back guarantee?
Yes! You can request a refund or credit of your transportation charges if your shipments within the U.S. do not arrive by the end of the scheduled delivery day, as published on this website. For more information, please visit the money-back guarantee section of the Terms and Conditions.
- I don't understand the route my shipment is taking. The city where my shipment is being scanned doesn’t appear to be on the correct route. Should I be concerned?
Shipments may move through regional sorting locations before arriving at the delivery destination. Often times this may not appear to be the most direct route from the pickup location to the delivery destination.
- What is your fastest service?
It's FedEx SameDay®, which is available for urgent or emergency shipments 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. It includes courier pickup, proactive tracking and delivery notification and can be requested by calling 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339. The international counterpart is FedEx® International Next Flight, which can be requested by calling 1.800.974.7333.
- Which service would I use for residential delivery?
FedEx Express® service covers every address in the U.S., including residential addresses. There's no need to mark anything special on your shipping label. If you can trade time for savings, choose FedEx Home Delivery®, which utilizes the FedEx Ground® network for residential ground delivery.
- What's the difference between using the FedEx Express 2-day and 3-day services and using FedEx Ground?
You would choose the FedEx Express® services -- FedEx 2Day® and our FedEx Express Saver® -- when you need to count on delivery on a specific day and by a specific time of day, no matter where in the country you are shipping to. FedEx Ground service delivery times are based on distance. It could take your ground shipment 1 to 5 business days to reach its destination (3 to 7 business days to Alaska or Hawaii), depending on where your recipient is located. Choose FedEx Ground® when you want reliable delivery but timing is not as critical.
- Can I ship internationally with both FedEx Express and FedEx Ground?
Yes, but depending on your destination. FedEx Express® delivers to more than 220 countries and territories, whereas FedEx Ground® offers delivery to, from and within Canada.
- What are my choices for FedEx Express international delivery?
FedEx gives you flexibility to match the right service to your speed-to-market needs. Our premier service, FedEx International Priority, gives you superior reliability and speed (typically 1,2 or 3 business days) to points throughout the world. When you can afford a few extra days in transit, choose FedEx International Economy.
- What services do I use for Puerto Rico?
You would use our international services. For express shipping, you can get next-business-day delivery with FedEx International Priority, and three-business-day delivery with FedEx International Economy and FedEx International Priority Freight (selected areas).
- How do I track a package/shipment using FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com?
Select the Ship History tab from the top of any FedEx Ship Manager screen. Then select the shipment you want to track and click on Track. You can select up to 25 shipments at one time by holding down the Ctrl key while selecting each shipment.
- How do I track shipments that were not shipped on FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com?
Select the Ship History tab. In the Track another shipment section at the bottom of the screen, enter up to 30 tracking numbers (one per line) and click Track. You can also choose to track by any one of the following reference numbers: your reference, P.O. number, Invoice number, Department number and RMA number. Choose the type of reference number from the drop-down list, enter the number(s), and click Track.
- How do I track by date, reference information, recipient, or exception?
Select the Ship History tab. In the Additional Tracking Options section at the bottom of the screen enter a start date and end date for the shipments you want to track. You can also choose to track by any one of the following options: recipient or exceptions.
- How do I use FedEx ShipAlert® to track packages/shipments?
The FedEx ShipAlert® feature of FedEx Ship Manager allows you to send notification to others and to yourself when your FedEx Express package or freight has been sent. The alert message includes a link you can click for tracking information about the shipment.
- How do I view previous shipments?
Select the Ship History tab from the top of any FedEx Ship Manager screen. You can review or print information for any shipment you have created using FedEx Ship Manager in the last 90 days. Your shipping history automatically displays by date. You can use the Search in drop-down menu to view by Recipient Name, Tracking Number, Address, City, State/Province, ZIP/Postal code, Country, Service Name, Weight, COD Amount and References. Just select an option and click Sort.
- How do I download my Shipping History?
Select the Ship History tab from the top of any FedEx Ship Manager screen. To download your shipping history, click Download. Your browser will display a standard download message asking if you want to open or save. Choose Save. Your browser allows you to specify a format and destination of file. Then you can download the shipping history file.
- How do I track the status of previous shipments?
Select the Ship History tab from the top of any FedEx Ship Manager screen. Select the shipment you want to track and click Track.
Tracking information is available for FedEx Express shipments within 120 days of shipment. To find the status of a shipment older than 120 days, please call 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339 in the U.S. or Canada, or see the Contact Information screen for your local customer service number. For FedEx Express freight shipments please call 1.800.332.0807.
- How do I cancel a shipment from my Shipping History?
You can use FedEx Ship Manager to cancel a shipment on the ship date, provided it has not been picked up by one of our couriers.
Select the Ship History tab from the top of any FedEx Ship Manager screen. Select a shipment from the list, then select Cancel. When canceling multiple shipments, please select ground, express and express freight separately. An asterisk (*) next to a ground shipment indicates that it has already been closed and may not be cancelled.
- How can I generate a Shipping Report?
Shipping Reports can be accessed by selecting the Reports tab from the top of any FedEx Ship Manager screen. For more information, see Generating Reports.
- What is Signature Proof of Delivery?
To confirm a shipment has been received and signed for, you can use our Signature Proof of Delivery (SPOD) feature. With this feature, you can see a picture of the recipient's signature. Signature Proof of Delivery is available for shipments from anywhere delivered to destinations within the US, Puerto Rico and Canada.
- How do I request a Signature Proof of Delivery? (for US, Canada, and Puerto Rico destinations only)
Select the Ship History tab from the top of any FedEx Ship Manager screen. Select the shipment you want to view and click Track. If a signature is unavailable for this shipment, it will be noted on the Results screen.
- What is the difference between Track and Signature Proof of Delivery?
Track is available for all shipments. Signature Proof of Delivery is currently only available for shipments delivered in the U.S., Puerto Rico and Canada. You can use Track to check the status of your shipment at any time during and within 120 days after the ship date. You can use Signature Proof of Delivery to get a picture of the recipient's signature (if the signature is available) after the shipment has been delivered.
- What does 'No signature found' mean?
'No signature found' may mean that the signature has not been processed yet or that no signature was received at the time of delivery. Signatures can take approximately two to five days to process. Even if no signature is available, you can still view and print proof of delivery information by selecting Track. You can also check again later for the signature. If no signature is available after seven business days, please call 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339 in the U.S. and Canada. Please note that the signature may be unavailable if it was released (the sender indicated that no signature was required). For FedEx Express® Freight Services call 1.800.332.0807.
- When is a Signature Proof of Delivery available?
Signatures can take approximately 2 to 5 days to process after the package has been delivered.
- What is an express freight shipment?
FedEx considers express freight a single handling unit or package, typically attached to a skid (a forkliftable base used to support/elevate an object. Typical types of skids are made of hardwood or plastic, at least four inches high, and can vary in length and width), weighing 151 lbs. to 2,200 lbs.
Maximum skid dimensions are 119 inches long, 70 inches high, with a maximum length and girth of 300 inches. All freight must be forkliftable, stackable, banded and shrinkwrapped.
Note: Special handling arrangements must be made for single skids weighing over 2,200 lb. Please call FedEx Express Freight Customer Service at 1.800.332.0807 to schedule the shipment.
Space must be booked for all FedEx 1Day® Freight and FedEx International Priority® Freight. You can use FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com to create your shipping label and generate a booking confirmation number; or you can call FedEx Express Freight Customer Service at 1.800.332.0807 to schedule the shipment, then use FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com to create the label.
Single or combined shipments of 20,000 lb or more from one origin, moving on FedEx 2Day® Freight and FedEx 3Day® Freight, require a booking confirmation. Please contact FedEx Express Freight Customer Service at 1.800.332.0807
- What's the difference between international express freight services and your air-cargo services?
Our air-cargo services, known as FedEx International Express Freight® (IXF) and FedEx International Airport-to-AirportSM, are separate from our express and ground service. These are airport-to-airport services with their own air waybill and booking procedures. And, unlike FedEx International Priority® Freight and FedEx International Economy® Freight, they do not offer a money-back guarantee, customs clearance, pickup or delivery.
- How do I fill out the online shipping label for Express Freight Shipping?
If you are shipping a package within the U.S., you use the Ship tab to complete the shipment information. Select FedEx 1Day® Freight, FedEx 2Day® Freight, or FedEx 3Day® Freight as the FedEx service. FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com guides you through the steps to complete this task. For details, see Shipping a Package or Freight Skid.
When all required information for the shipping label is complete, you can request a courtesy rate quote to preview shipping charges, cancel the shipment or generate the shipping label, which is printed, from your browser on an inkjet or laser printer.
- How do I produce a FedEx Express Freight label?
Fill out a U.S. or international FedEx shipping label online, use a laser or inkjet printer to print the shipping label on plain paper. FedEx scanners cannot presently read shipping labels printed by other printers. FedEx now has self-adhesive labels that can be prepared using a laser or ink jet printer (Logos number 146525).
- What if I am shipping from a different address than my billing address?
If shipping from a different address, you must click on the Change sender address button at the bottom of the Ship screen. The Ship screen will re-display showing the Sender Information. You can then make any necessary changes to the Sender Information screen.
- Can I find out how much my shipment will cost?
You can get a quote online. Click on the Get courtesy rate button at the bottom of the Ship screen. You can also view or print the Shipment Details screen to obtain a courtesy rate quote for shipments that you have already shipped. The Shipment Details screen can be accessed from the label screen and from the Track/History tab.
For FedEx Express® Freight shipments, your quote is based on rates associated with your FedEx account number. The rate you receive may be different from the actual charges for your shipment. Differences may be based on actual weight, dimensions, and other factors. For details on how shipping charges are calculated, consult the FedEx Service Guide.
- Can I print a label for a FedEx Freight skid that will be shipped tomorrow?
Yes. You can request a FedEx Freight® shipment for up to five days in advance.
For FedEx Express Freight® shipments inside the U.S., freight pickup is available for the current day only. Freight pickup for future day shipments beyond next day is not available online through FedEx Ship Manager® at fedex.com. To schedule a freight pickup you must call 1.800.332.0807on the day your shipment is to be picked up.
- What is a booking confirmation number and when is it required?
- Booking - Refers to an advance "reservation" or confirmation made in the FedEx Key Information Air Cargo (KIAC) system for shipment being tendered to FedEx by a shipper. FedEx Express Freight® Services which require booking are: FedEx 1Day® Freight, FedEx International Priority® Freight, and FedEx International Economy® Freight.
- Booking Confirmation Number (BCN) - A booking request number will be assigned for all shipments that have been assigned space on a plane. This number is proof that a "reservation" has been made for the shipment in the FedEx Key Information Air Cargo (KIAC) system.
Space must be booked for all FedEx 1Day® Freight and FedEx International Priority® Freight shipments. FedEx Ship Manager® at fedex.com can create your shipment and generate a booking number or you may call FedEx Express Freight Customer Service at 1.800.332.0807to book a shipment, then use FedEx Ship Manager® at fedex.com to prepare the label.
Booking confirmation is required for FedEx 2Day® Freight and FedEx 3Day® Freight shipments, if the total from one origin location exceed 20,000 lb. Please call FedEx Express Freight® Customer Service at 1.800.332.0807to schedule a shipment.
- How do I request a freight pickup?
Contact FedEx Express® Freight Services at 1.800.332.0807to schedule a pickup or to obtain a booking confirmation. An Express Freight pickup can also be scheduled by clicking on the Schedule pickup button on the Ship screen.
- How is FedEx Ground different from FedEx Express?
FedEx Express offers time-definite delivery within the U.S. and to more than 220 countries and territories, which means your time-critical shipment is delivered by a certain time. When you have more time in your schedule, FedEx Ground delivers within all 50 U.S. states and Canada -- in 1 to 5 business days in the contigous U.S. and in 3 to 7 business days to Alaska, Hawaii and Canada, based on the distance to the destination. Delivery is day-definite, meaning by the end of the scheduled delivery day.
- Are there any package weight and size restrictions for FedEx Ground shipments?
Yes. A package may weigh up to 150 lb and have a combined length and girth of no more than 130 inches.
- Can I ship residential packages with FedEx Ground?
Yes, through our residential-only ground service, FedEx Home Delivery. Convenient delivery options such as evening and appointment delivery, as well as standard Saturday delivery, fit the unique needs of residential recipients. A FedEx Home Delivery package may weigh up to 70lbs. and have a combined length and girth of no more than 130 inches.
- Are there additional fees for shipping my FedEx Ground package to a residential address?
- What documentation requirements are necessary in order for my FedEx Ground driver to pick up my FedEx Ground packages?
FedEx Ground drivers will not pick up Ground packages without a copy of the FedEx Ground Manifest Report. This report is generated after the end of day close for FedEx Ground shipments. The Manifest Report will include all FedEx Ground shipments generated in the previous 24 hours, and will include shipments that span over multiple closes if applicable.
- How do I print an additional copy of my FedEx Ground Manifest report after I have already proceeded with the end of day close for FedEx Ground?
The FedEx Ground Manifest report can be printed or re-printed at any time immediately after the end of day close or at a later time if there has been more than one close for the day. The Manifest report will include all FedEx Ground shipments generated over the last 24 hours and is necessary to print off a complete copy of the Manifest Report in order for the FedEx Ground agent to pick up the Ground shipments.
You can print an additional copy of the manifest log by clicking on the Track/History tab and then clicking the Print additional manifest button at the bottom of the screen.
- What is FedEx Print Return Label?
You can print a FedEx Print Return Label directly from your electronic shipping solution and include it with your outbound FedEx Ground shipment. Your recipient simply applies it to their return shipment, which makes it easy for you to manage your returns:
- Print the return shipping label with the outbound shipping label from the same printer
- Be billed for transportation, only if the label is used
- Track a return package by a reference number or by the tracking ID
- Have inbound visibility by enrolling in FedEx InSight®
- Generate return package reports on the electronic shipping solution.
- How is a return shipment different from a regular shipment?
A return shipment is initiated by the merchant's customer and allows for the return package to enter the system at any location. Tracking and visibility of the package starts at the point where the first scan is received into the FedEx system.
A regular outbound label cannot be used for return purposes since the package origin is always the origin location. Tracking of the package will not be accurate since the system will have conflicting information from where the package originated and where it is delivered.
- Are there any package weight and size restrictions?
Yes, a package may weigh up to 150 lb and have a combined length and girth of no more than 130 inches. Please refer to the FedEx Ground Service Guide for additional details.
- How much does it cost to ship a package using FedEx Ground Return Label?
Review the FedEx Ground Service Guide for additional details.
- How are claims filed?
Follow the three easy steps listed below to file your claim.
Step 1: Choose one of the following options:
- Complete and submit a claim form online.
- Call customer service at 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339 to obtain a control number for your claim, then complete a print copy of the claim form.
Step 2: Gather the following documentation:
- Photocopy of FedEx® U.S. Airbill/FedEx Ship Manager® printout and/or FedEx Ground Pickup Record.
- All documentation related to the proof of value (e.g., copy of original invoice from vendor/supplier, copy of retail invoice/receipt, final confirmation screen if online order with proof of payment, itemized repair invoice or statement of non-repair, appraisals, expense statement, or any other applicable documentation).
- Serial number(s) of merchandise.
Step 3: Fax or mail your supporting documentation and completed claim form to:
Cargo Claims Dept.
P.O. Box 256
Pittsburgh, PA 15230
(If you fax your claim, you will receive a confirmation letter by return fax.)
- What services can I choose for a FedEx Print Return Label?
To view the services you can choose for a FedEx Print Return label, please click here.
- Is there a difference between residential and commercial return services?
- Pickup service is available for commercial locations only.
- Residential return shippers have access to the FedEx World Service Center or FedEx Authorized Ship Center locations for convenient drop off.
- How do I activate the FedEx Return Manager option?
To use FedEx Print Return Label, select the Preferences tab from the top of any FedEx Ship Manager screen. To activate this option, select Enable processing of return shipments.
- How do I process a return shipment with my outbound shipment?
If you have activated the Return Shipment option, a box labeled Process return label with outbound shipment appears in the More shipment details section of the Ship screen. Select this box. Complete all other shipping information as you normally would. You may choose a express or ground service for your outbound shipment.
When you click the Continue button, the return shipment screen will display. The information on the return shipment screen will mirror the applicable information entered for the outbound shipment you have just completed. The sender information and recipient information will be displayed as the reverse of what was entered on the previous screen. The Address Book drop-down list will be available for alternate selections for the Return Address. You will also have the option of editing the Sender and Return Address fields.
Since you may not know the exact ship date or weight for the return shipment, these fields are displayed as Create Date and Estimated Weight. The Create Date will be displayed as the ship date you indicated for the outbound shipment. You should enter the expected weight of the return shipment in the Estimated Weight field. Once the return package is actually shipped, this information will be updated based on the scans.
When you select the Continue button on this screen, the label screen will display. The outbound shipment label, return shipment label, and Return Shipment Instructions can be printed from this screen.
- How do I process only a return shipment?
If you have activated the Return Shipment option, a Return Shipment label appears on the secondary navigation row at the top of the Ship screen. Click on this label to display the Return Shipment screen. Your address (the address you entered when you registered) will be displayed in the Return Address section. You will need to complete the Shipper Information section with the name and address of the person/company who will be shipping the return package. The Address Book drop-down list will be available for the Return Address. You will also have the option of editing the Return Address fields.
Since you may not know the exact ship date or weight for the return shipment, these fields are displayed as Create Date and Estimated Weight. The Create Date will be displayed as the current date. You should enter the expected weight of the return shipment in the Estimated Weight field. Once the return package is actually shipped, this information will be updated based on the scans.
When you select the Continue button on this screen, the label screen will display. The return shipment label and Return Shipment Instructions can be printed from this screen.
- What are the payment options for return shipments?
A return shipment can be billed to your FedEx account number or to a third party FedEx account number. The account number entered for third party billing must be the customer's nine digit FedEx account number. Bill Recipient and Bill COLLECT are not valid payment options for a return shipment
- How can I monitor my FedEx Print Return Label shipments?
Your outbound shipments will display in your Shipping History in the same manner as they do today. Your return shipments will also be displayed in your Shipping History. The letter "R" will display after the Create Date for each shipment.
To view all of your return shipments, you can select Return Shipment from the Sort drop-down list on the Shipping History screen. You can select these shipments and choose the Track shipment button to determine the status of these shipments.
- Can I run reports on my return shipments?
If you have activated the FedEx Print Return Label option, return shipment will be one of the items that you can select on the Report Manager screen. This will allow you to run reports showing only these shipments.
- Will I be billed for Return Shipments that are not shipped?
No, you will not be invoiced for the return shipment if it is not actually shipped.
- Will Return Shipments be manifested?
No, return shipments will not display on the Shipping Manifest. The end of day close should be performed for outbound shipments in the same manner as today.
- How will my customer know what to do with the Return Shipment Label?
When you print the return shipment label, you will also have the option of printing a Return Shipment Instruction sheet to include with the label.
- How do I cancel FedEx Ground Return Label shipments?
You can cancel outbound and return shipments in the same way as you would cancel any other shipment. The shipment can be cancelled by selecting the Cancel Shipment button during the shipping process. You can also select the shipment from the Shipping History screen and select the Cancel shipment button.
- How do I turn off the FedEx Ground Return Label option?
To turn off this option, click the Preferences tab and deselect the Enable processing of return shipments option.
- What is Shipment Profile, and how do I use it?
The Shipment Profile feature can be used when you ship the same package repeatedly to the same recipient. Click on the My Lists tab at the top of any FedEx Ship Manager® at fedex.com screen, or select a Shipment Profile on the Ship screen.
Do not use Fast Ship when you need to use a special FedEx service like Saturday pickup or delivery. Fast Ship is not available for FedEx Express Freight shipments. Fast Ship cannot be used for Freight shipments.
- How can I create shipping profiles to Shipment Profile?
Enter your shipment information, including recipient, package, and billing details. Then select Create a Shipment Profile to store recipient, package, and all other details of the shipment for further use.
- How can I edit my Shipment Profiles?
Click the My Lists tab and select Shipment Profiles. Select the recipient you wish to edit and click Edit and Ship. Enter your changes and select Save Changes or save as a new profile. The edited changes will be saved.
- How do I delete a profile from Shipment Profiles?
Select Shipment Profiles from the My Lists tab. Select a profile and click Delete . You are asked to confirm your decision before the profile is removed.
- How do I review a shipment before I ship a package using Shipment Profiles?
Select Shipment Profiles from the My Lists tab. Select the recipient you wish to ship to and click Review shipment. You will then be taken to the shipping screen where you can review all the shipment details and make any necessary corrections.
- What countries can I ship FedEx Express shipments to using FedEx Ship Manager?
FedEx offers express delivery of virtually any size shipment to more than 220 countries and territories around the world. Currently, over 180 countries accept FedEx Ship Manager shipping documentation. These include:
Albania American Samoa Andorra Angola Anguilla Antigua Argentina Armenia Aruba Australia Austria Azerbaijan Bahamas Bahrain Bangladesh Barbados Belarus Belgium Belize Benin Bermuda Bolivia Bosnia - Herzegovina Botswana Brazil British Virgin Islands Brunei Bulgaria Burkina faso Burundi Cambodia Cameroon Canada Cape Verde Cayman Islands Chad Chile China Colombia Congo Congo, Democratic Republic of Cook Islands Costa Rica Croatia Cyprus Czech Republic Denmark Djibouti Dominican Republic Dominica Ecuador Egypt El Salvador Equitorial Guinea Eritrea Estonia Ethiopia Faeroe Islands Fiji Finland France French Guiana French Polynesia Gabon Gambia Georgia Germany Ghana Gibraltar Greece Greenland Grenada Guadeloupe Guam Guatemala Guinea Guinea - Bissau Guyana Haiti Honduras Hong Kong Hungary Iceland India Indonesia Ireland Israel Italy Ivory Coast Jamaica Japan Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Kuwait Kyrgyztan Laos Latvia Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Macau Macedonia Madagascar Malawi Malaysia Maldives Mali Malta Marshall Islands Martinique Mauritania Mauritius Mexico Micronesia Moldova Monaco Montserrat Morocco Mozambique Myanmar/Burma Namibia Netherlands, The Netherlands Antilles New Caledonia New Zealand Nicaragua Niger Nigeria Norway Oman Pakistan Palestine Autonomous Palau Panama Papua New Guinea Peru Philippines Poland Portugal Puerto Rico Qatar Reunion Romania Russian Federation Rwanda Saipan Saudi Arabia Senegal Seychelles Singapore Slovak Republic Slovenia South Africa South Korea Spain Sri Lanka St. Kitts/Nevis St. Lucia St. Vincent Sudan Suriname Swaziland Sweden Switzerland Syria Taiwan Tanzania Thailand Togo Trinidad & Tobago Tunisia Turkey Turkmenistan Turks & Caicos U.S. Virgin Islands Uganda Ukraine United Arab Emirates United Kingdom United States Uruguay Uzbekistan Vanatu Vativan City Venezuela Vietnam Wallis & Futuna Yemen Yugoslavia Zambia Zimbabwe
- What if the country I want is not on the drop-down menu for my international shipment?
Either the country is not served by FedEx, or it does not accept FedEx Ship Manager documentation. Currently, over 180 countries accept the FedEx Ship Manager shipping document.
- Why can't I select FedEx International Economy® from my shipping country or to all my international destinations?
FedEx International Economy service only ships to and from the US and selected countries. Contact your local FedEx office for more details.
- What is the difference between "document" and "non-document" shipments for international shipping?
A "document" shipment includes paper of little or no commercial value and generally doesn't require a Commercial Invoice, such as business correspondence. A "non-document" shipment defines all other shipments, including printed materials of value. Examples include books and large quantities of magazines.
- What is a Shipper's Export Declaration (SED)?
SED, now known as Electronic Export Information, or EEI, is used by the U.S. Census Bureau to compile official U.S. export statistics. It's also used for export control. Exports originating from the U.S., Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands require an EEI if any commodity in the shipment fits any of these criteria:
- Customs value of more than US $2,500.
- Requires Commerce (formally validated) export license
- Destined to a Proscribed Country.
To determine whether or not your shipment requires an SED, call toll-free: 1.888.333.3976, weekdays, 8a.m. to 5p.m., Central Time.
- Which Proscribed Countries require a Shipper's Export Declaration (SED)?
All export shipments from the US, Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands (except Personal, Interoffice and Business documents) and destined to any of the countries listed below, require an SED.
For help, please contact International Shipping Assistance at 1.800.247.4747.
AL - Albania KZ - Kazakhstan RU - Russia AM - Armenia KG - Kyrgyztan RW - Rwanda AZ - Azerbaijan LA - Laos SD - Sudan BY - Belarus LV - Latvia SY - Syria BG - Bulgaria LT - Lithuania TM - Turkmenistan KH - Cambodia MD - Moldova UA - Ukraine EE - Estonia MN - Mongolia UZ - Uzbekistan GE - Georgia RO - Romania VN - Vietnam
- What special requirements are needed to ship dry ice?
Dry ice shipments must be prepared in accordance with International Air Transport Association ("IATA") Dangerous Goods Regulations. Dry ice shipments require special packaging, marking, labeling and airbill entries.
If you have any questions regarding your dry ice shipment, please call 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339 and press "81" to reach the Dangerous Goods/Hazardous Materials Hot line.
- How do I ship a dry ice shipment?
After entering your shipment information on the Ship screen, click the Go to options button. On the Options screen, click the dry ice box to display the Dry Ice popup. For U.S. shipments, enter the weight of the dry ice only, then click Ok. For U.S. Export shipments, enter the number of packages/skids containing dry ice and the weight of the dry ice only, then click OK. Complete all other fields.
- Where can I ship dangerous goods?
Our dangerous goods service is currently available via FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com for U.S. shipments and U.S. export FedEx Express shipments only.
- What special requirements are needed to ship dangerous goods?
Dangerous goods/hazardous materials require special packaging, marking, labeling, and documentation. These shipments must comply with government regulations and FedEx policies.
More than 3,000 commonly shipped materials, such as aerosol cans or flammable paint, are regulated as "dangerous" by the US Department of Transportation (DOT). Penalties could result in substantial fines or imprisonment.
FedEx can help you determine if the commodity you are shipping is a dangerous good, and we offer a Dangerous Goods/Hazardous Materials Hotline and Dangerous Goods shippers' seminar.
If you have any questions regarding your dangerous goods shipment, please call 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339 and press "81" to reach the Dangerous Goods/Hazardous Materials Hotline.
- How do I ship a dangerous goods shipment?
After entering your shipment information on the Ship screen, click the Go to options button. On the Options screen, click the Dangerous Goods box to display the Dangerous Goods popup. Select the type/class of the dangerous goods you are shipping, then click OK. Complete all other fields.
- How can I obtain more information on dangerous goods shipping?
FedEx provides information on dangerous goods shipping here. This site includes links to sections on special handling fees, regulatory updates, seminars, resources, declaration forms, and other information. The Declaration Forms section provides Shipper's Declaration for dangerous goods form templates. The Resources section offers helpful aids to check procedures for shipping dangerous goods.
- When does dimensional weight determine my shipment rate?
Currently, dimensional weight pricing is applicable on all packages larger than one cubic foot in customer packaging for FedEx Express packages and FedEx Express Freight skids.
FedEx Ground packages weighing less than 30 lbs.and measuring between 84 inches and 130 inches in combined length and girth are billed at the 30 lbs. rate. From Canada, 1) A package weighing less than 30 lbs(14 kg) and measuring between 84" (213 cm) and less than 108" (274 cm) in combined length and girth will be classified by FedEx Ground as an "Oversize 1" package. The transportation charges for an "Oversize 1" package will be the same as a 30 lbs.(14 kg) package being transported under the same circumstances. 2) A package weighing less than 50 lbs.(23 kg) and measuring greater than 108" (274 cm) in combined length and girth will be classified by FedEx Ground as an "Oversize 2" package. The transportation charges for an "Oversize 2" package will be the same as a 50 lbs.(23 kg) package being transported under the same circumstances. The "length plus girth" of a package is length plus twice the height plus twice the width. Shipments in FedEx provided packaging are not currently subject to dimensional weight pricing. Dimensional weight is optional when using your own packaging. FedEx reserves the right to assess transportation charges based on volumetric standards for all shipments. This includes using the International Air Transport Association (IATA) volumetric standard for international shipments.
- How do I calculate dimensional weight?
For US domestic shipments, multiply the length by width by height (in inches) and divide by 166. (L x W x H) /166.
For US export shipments or any Canadian shipments, multiply the length by width by height (in inches) and divide by 139. (L x W x H)/139.
For international shipments or any Canadian shipments, multiply the length by width by height (in centimeters) and divide by 6,000. (L x W x H)/6000.
If the dimensional weight exceeds the actual weight, charges may be assessed based on the dimensional weight. Contact your local FedEx account executive for more details.
- How do I set up my shipping defaults?
During FedEx Ship Manager registration you can fill out an optional area that reflects your shipping preferences. You can also fill out this information or make changes to it at any time using the Preferences tab. For details, see Defining Preferences.
- What is the Remind me to enter reference option?
This option allows you to receive a warning message if you are shipping a package and have not entered information in the selected Reference fields. This feature can be useful if your company needs to have specific information (e.g., invoice number, case number, etc.) associated with each shipment. For FedEx Express and FedEx Express Freight shipments, information entered in the Your Reference field will print on your invoice. For FedEx Ground shipments, information entered in the Your Reference and P.O. Number fields will print on your invoice.
- How do I use the Remind me to enter reference option?
To use this option, select the Preferences tab and select the Set up reference options button in the Default shipping information section. A pop up window will display. This window will allow you to enter default information for each reference field and/or select the Remind me to enter reference checkbox. Once you select the Done button at the bottom of the Preferences screen, you will receive a warning message any time you attempt to create a shipping label with no information entered in the selected reference field. The warning message screen will allow you to either return to the Ship screen to enter reference information or continue to the shipping label. For details, see Defining Preferences.
- How do I turn off the Remind me to enter reference option?
To turn off this option, select the Preferences tab and select the Set up reference options button in the Default shipping information section. Deselect the Remind me to enter reference box(es) in the popup window. For details, see Defining Preferences.
- What is FedEx Address Checker?
FedEx Address Checker is an application that provides street level address matches. This application is currently only available for checking US and Puerto Rico addresses. Its database is updated on a monthly basis. The following are some of the functions of FedEx Address Checker:
- Checks to see if the street exists in the city and state, or ZIP code entered.
- Checks to see if the street number is within a valid range for the street entered.
- Provides possible alternatives when an exact match cannot be found based upon the street number, city, state, and ZIP code entered.
- Contains a database of company listings to improve your results (not all companies are listed).
FedEx Address Checker does not currently match an address based upon an individual's personal name and does not verify suite or apartment numbers.
- How do I use FedEx Address Checker?
Complete the address information section on the Ship screen (or select a recipient from the drop-down menu). Select Check recipient address at the bottom of this screen. You will receive one of three responses.
- Match Found - If a match was found for the address you entered, the Match Found screen will display and no changes will be made to the address you have entered. To close this screen, click on the 'x' in the top right hand corner of the screen. Note: If you click outside of the screen, it will be minimized at the bottom of your screen and it will not automatically display future FedEx Address Checker results. You will need to select the open screen from your task bar to redisplay the screen.
- Match Not Found - If no match was found for the address you entered, the Match Not Found screen will display and no changes will be made to the address you have entered. To close this screen, click on the 'x' in the top right hand corner of the screen. Please see How can I get better address matches? below.
Note: If you click outside of the screen, it will be minimized at the bottom of your screen and it will not automatically display future FedEx Address Checker results. You will need to select the open screen from your task bar to redisplay the screen.
- FedEx Address Checker Results - The address matching database did not find an exact match for the address you entered, and is supplying possible alternatives. The FedEx Address Checker Results screen will display. Results are ordered by rank; the more likely matches will have a lower numbered rank. To choose one of the addresses displayed, click on the select button next to that address. The selected address will replace the address you had entered on the previous screen. If the address selected contains an 'Address Line 2', this will replace the Address2 line on the previous screen. If the address selected does not contain an 'Address Line 2', any information that you had entered in the Address2 line on the previous screen will remain.
Note: You should confirm any alternate address results for accuracy before using.
- Why don't the results have the individual's name?
FedEx Address Checker is unable to match an address based upon an individual's personal name.
- Why did I get multiple addresses?
The address matching database did not find an exact match for the address you entered, and is supplying possible alternatives. You should confirm any alternate address results for accuracy before using.
- When I get equally ranked results, which one should I use?
Equally ranked results indicate insufficient address information to identify the better match. Additional address information may produce better results. See How can I get better address matches? below.
- What does the "rank" mean?
Rank is a confidence indicator based upon matches with your input and information in the database. Matches are ordered by rank, the more likely matches will have a lower numbered rank, for example:
- A rank of 1 would indicate that a match was found. In this case, the Match Found screen will display.
- A rank of 2 or higher indicates some of the information submitted did not fully match the information in the database.
- Equally ranked results indicate insufficient address information to identify the better match. Additional address information may improve your results.
- How can I get better address matches?
Simple changes can improve your results, some of these changes include:
- Spacing - Make sure spaces are placed correctly and avoid unnecessary spaces.
- Spelling - Eliminate spelling and typographical errors. Make sure you have the correct usage of the number 0 and letter O.
- Avoid special characters - Refrain from using special characters not absolutely required for the address, such as commas between street names and suites, or periods after abbreviations (use Ave instead of Ave.)
- Additional address information - Providing additional address information can improve your search results such as:
- Building or House number - "1", "1A", "1 ½"
- Street names - "Main", "George Washington", or "42nd."
- Street Suffix - "Road", "Avenue", or "Rd", "Ave"
- Sometimes the standard elements of an address are not included, for example, 157 S Parkway E Memphis TN, includes a street number (157), a pre-directional (S), a name (Parkway), and a post-directional (E), but no street suffix, such as "Ave", or "Rd"
- Order of street and address entries - Street address elements usually follow a format starting with the building or house number, followed by a pre-directional, a street name, street type/suffix, post-directional, apartment designation, apartment number, and/or private mail box designation and number. Different orders as well as language differences apply to addresses in Puerto Rico (see How are Puerto Rico addresses different?).
- Standard abbreviations - The United States Postal Service designates abbreviation standards for state, street suffix, and apartment/unit designations. A non-standard abbreviation may cause poor search results. If you are unsure about the abbreviation, do not use it.
- How are Puerto Rico addresses different?
The Spanish representation of an address can differ significantly from English in the spelling and order, and additional information may be required. Other considerations for addresses in Puerto Rico include:
English Translation. English language addresses can often be translated when displayed in the Address Checker Results screen, for example, 651 Roosevelt St Apt 1A San Juan PR can be translated/displayed as:
- 651 Callejon Roosevelt Apt 1A San Juan PR or
- Apt 1A 651 Callejon Roosevelt San Juan PR.
Common Spanish Street Abbreviations. Street abbreviations include:
- Calle = Street
- Avenida = Avenue
- Cond = Condominium
- What is the Pending Shipment Option?
This option allows you to save completed shipping transactions and process them later. This allows you to enter all shipment information ahead of time and print the labels when your packages are ready to be shipped.
- How do I activate the Pending Shipment Option?
To use the Pending Shipment Option, click on the Preferences tab, then select the box labeled Enable processing of pending shipments. Click the Done button.
Once you select this checkbox, a Create as Pending Shipment box appears on your Ship screen. Once you begin creating Pending Shipments, a Pending Shipment Log log will appear in the secondary navigation bar of the Ship screen.
- Can I create pending shipments for a future date and print them today?
Yes, you can create pending shipments for a future date in the same manner as you would create a future day label. You can print Pending Shipment labels at any time.
- Will I be billed for pending shipments if I never create the labels?
No, the shipment is not actually 'processed' until you create the label. Once you create the label, the shipment will be billed according to the normal process.
- What is the Pending Shipment Log?
The Pending Shipment Log is a list of your pending shipments. These shipments will be displayed in a similar manner to your Shipping History display. They will be listed by ship date. There will be no tracking number displayed, since these shipments have not been processed yet.
You can print labels at any time for any shipment in the Pending Shipment Log. You can save up to 100 shipments in your Pending Shipment Log, and you can ship up to 10 shipments at a time.
- How long do Pending Shipments stay in the Pending Shipment Log?
Shipments remain in the Pending Shipment Log for 10 days from the Ship Date entered for the shipment. If you created a Pending Shipment for a future ship date, it will remain in the Pending Log for 10 days after that ship date.
- How do I print Pending Shipment labels?
On the Shipping History screen, click on the Pending Shipments label at the top of the screen.
- To print a label for a pending shipment, select the shipment and click Print selected labels. A label is created for the shipment. Follow the steps provided to print the label.
- To print labels for all of today's pending shipments, click Print today's labels. A label is created for each shipment. Follow the steps provided to print the labels.
- How do I cancel pending shipments?
To cancel labels, select the shipments from the Pending Shipment Log and click on the Cancel Labels button. All selected shipments will be cancelled.
- How long do pending shipments stay in the Pending Shipment Log?
Shipments remain in the Pending Shipment Log for 10 days from the Ship Date entered for the shipment. If you created a Pending Shipment for a future ship date, it will remain in the Pending Log for 10 days after that ship date.
- What is the Pending Shipments Reminder?
If you have shipments in the Pending Shipment Log for the current ship date or a future date, you will receive a message advising you that you have Pending Shipments each time you login to FedEx Ship Manager. This screen gives you two options: You can select Continue to log in; or you can choose the Shipping History button. On the Shipping History screen, you can print your labels from the Pending Shipment Log.
If you do not wish to receive this message, you can click on the Don't show me this again box on the Reminder screen. If you later decide that you would like to receive the Reminder message, you can select the Remind me to print pending shipments box on the Preferences tab.
- How do I turn off the Pending Shipment Option?
To turn off this option, de-select the Pending Shipment checkbox on the Preferences screen.
- How do I print the FedEx Ship Manager label?
Once you have completed your online Shipping Information form, click the appropriate button at the bottom of the screen. (For FedEx Express international non-document shipments, additional screens will be displayed for customs information.) Once the label screen is displayed, use the Print button in your Web browser to print the label on 8-1/2 x11" paper on your laser or inkjet printer. Only a laser or inkjet printer can be used to print FedEx shipping labels. FedEx scanners cannot presently read shipping labels printed by other printers.
- How should I fold and insert the label into a package?
Fold the printed label where indicated and place it in the clear plastic pouch on your package so that the barcode portion can be read and scanned. Make sure you include the required number of printed label page copies in the clear plastic pouch (varies according to the country of origin and which FedEx service you select).
- How should I attach the clear plastic pouch to a skid for freight shipments?
- Customers sometimes place orientation markings, in words or symbols, on their shipments. Place labels and markings on the same side of the shipment.
- Place the labels on an even surface (bar code surface must be smooth for scanning)
- Do not wrap label around corner of packaging.
- Remove old or incorrect labels.
Note: Orientation instructions on a shipment other than a FedEx standard exception sticker are interpreted by FedEx to imply preferred orientation and FedEx does not offer to comply with such instructions. Freight shipments that need to maintain a specific orientation should be pre-approved by FedEx Packaging Design and Development.
- What if my shipment requires a Commercial Invoice document?
Prepare and print the required number of copies. Sign each one and place all of them behind the shipping label in the clear plastic pouch.
- How many copies of the label do I need?
The customs authorities in each destination country determine how many copies of the shipping document, including the Legal Terms and Conditions, are required. The number also varies by origin country. A pop up message will be displayed on the label screen indicating the number of copies required.
- Why are so many copies required for an international shipment?
The number of copies required is determined by the Customs authorities at each destination country for your shipment.
- What if a label doesn't print?
If you have trouble printing a FedEx Ship Manager label from your browser, first verify that a local or network printer is correctly installed and configured on your PC.
Shipping labels can only be printed immediately after the shipment has been processed and the shipping label appears on your screen. Additional copies can be printed directly from this screen. However, once shipping has resumed, you will not be able to edit your shipment or reprint the Shipping label. The original shipment must first be deleted from your Shipping History and reprocessed to produce another shipping label. This will ensure you will not be billed in duplicate for the same shipment.
- How do I adjust the printer settings on my Web browser?
The printer settings on your Web browser can be used to ensure consistent sizing of the shipping label you print. To confirm the printer settings are accurate select File at the top of the screen. In the menu that appears select Print. In the print options select Portrait as the page orientation and 8-1/2 x 11" as the page/sheet size.
Check the DPI setting for your inkjet or laser printer in your Printer Setup/Printer Control Files. If it's 600 or higher, reset to 300 and set Print Quality to low. Try printing again. If you produce a shipping document with a different tracking number than the misprint, you must cancel the shipment. Use the tracking number from the misprinted document to cancel it.
- How do I regsiter for FedEx Ship Manager?
If you already have a FedEx account number, registration is a quick and easy process. Fill out the fedex.com Registration Form and select your User ID and Password. If you don't have a FedEx account number, see below for details on how to obtain one.
When you register for FedEx Ship Manager, be sure to use the same address and ZIP/Postal code that you used for your FedEx account number. If you do not plan to ship from that address, you can enter the correct shipping address later when you customize FedEx Ship Manager for your individual needs.
- Can there be more than one FedEx Ship Manager user/User ID per FedEx account number?
Yes. Each new user must register for an individual FedEx Ship Manager User ID.
- How do I create a report?
To create reports, select the Report tab from the top of any FedEx Ship Manager screen. On the Report screen, you must first specify a Shipment Date Range for the report by selecting a Beginning Date and Ending Date from the calendar icons. The report will include only those shipments that fall within the date range you selected.
Note: Reports can only contain shipments for the last 45 days.
The Report tab allows you to create a report containing one or more of a number of shipment data elements. These include Recipient Informaiton, Tracking Number, Ship Date, Service Type, Weight and others. When you select Create report, the report will be displayed containing the data elements you have selected. You can view the report online, print the report from your browser or download it and save it to a file. For details, see Generating Reports.
- How do I sort my report?
When you create a report, it will automatically be sorted by the Ship Date. If you would like to have the report sorted by different criteria, you can select up to three different sort criteria. Select these from the "Sort 1," "Sort 2," and "Sort 3" drop-down lists. For details, see Generating Reports
- What does it mean if "N/A" is displayed on the report?
If you have selected a field for the customized report and did not populate the field when shipping, "N/A" will be displayed in the report. For example, if you have selected "Express Reference Information" as one of the report data elements, but did not complete this field for these shipments, "N/A" will appear.