The following services are complimentary:
- Signing up
- Saving preferences
- Receiving alerts
- Tracking shipments
- Signing for packages remotely
- Providing delivery instructions
- FedEx® Hold for Pickup
- Redelivering your package
- Requesting a vacation hold (up to 14 days)
Follow the directions on the door tag to verify that your package is available for pickup. When you arrive at the location listed on the door tag, provide a government-issued photo ID and your tracking number to pick up your package. If the address on your ID does not match the recipient address on the package, bring a current bill with the matching name and address. For a package addressed to a business, you must provide alternate proof like a bill or a business card showing your connection to the business. For any package requiring an adult signature, the package will only be released to someone 21 or older. Your package will be held at the indicated location for 5 business days, after which time it may be returned to the shipper.
You may request another delivery attempt by calling 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339.
While the FedEx Mobile App is a great tool, designed for your convenience, it is not required to get the full benefits of FedEx Delivery Manager. As a web-based service, you can access the same options for your deliveries through your favorite browser.
The following options start at $5.25 per request:
- Deliver to another address (per package)
- Deliver another day (per package)
- Schedule delivery time (per package)
*Fees vary based on location and will be determined when services are requested.
Fees for rerouting your delivery
Deliver your package to a more convenient address.
- $5.25 per package
More than 120 miles:
- $31.50 per package (delivery 1 day after the original scheduled delivery date)
- $21 per package (delivery 3 days after the original scheduled delivery date)
- $13.75 per package (via FedEx Ground or FedEx Home Delivery®)
Fees for requesting a specific delivery date/time
Receive packages on your schedule.
- $5.25 per package for delivery on a specific day
At a specific time between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. on your scheduled delivery day:
- $5.25 per package
At a specific time within a preferred 2-hour window and on a specific date within 7 calendar days of the original delivery date:
- $10.50 per package
FedEx Hold for Pickup allows you to request packages to be held at a FedEx location. You can pick up packages on your schedule at locations that are convenient to where you work or live.
If a delivery requires a signature or if the package cannot be left at your home, we may deliver your package to a nearby secure location for pickup, such as your local FedEx Office or Walgreens store. With extended business hours, you can stop by the location listed on your door tag to pick up your package on your schedule, as early as the same day.
Certain options may not apply to specific deliveries. For example, some shippers may restrict certain delivery options or may not allow recipients to change the destination once the shipment is in transit. FedEx Delivery Manager will allow recipients to select only eligible delivery options.
When you select a vacation hold, FedEx Express and FedEx Ground deliveries to your residential address are suspended for a date range you specify, up to 14 days. FedEx will resume normal delivery on the first business day after your specified end date.
A delivery exception occurs when a package is temporarily delayed while in transit, due to unavoidable circumstances. This could be due to a weather issue, a natural disaster, a vehicle issue like a flat tire, or other conditions. Every effort is made to deliver every package as soon as possible, so an exception does not necessarily denote a late shipment.
If a signature is required:
- Refuse a signature required package by telling the driver you don’t want the package and refusing to sign for it
- For most businesses, refusal of packages can be done by a receptionist or gatekeeper
- Remember, don’t sign acknowledging receipt if you are refusing the package
- If you miss three delivery attempts, a signature required package will automatically be returned to sender
If no signature is required:
- If no signature is required, you can still refuse delivery once the package has been delivered
- Call customer service at 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339 and provide the customer service representative your tracking number
- A representative will either help schedule a pickup or direct you to a FedEx dropoff location to complete the return