Return Solution Questions:
1. Is there a surcharge for the return label?
A return label surcharge may apply, once the return shipment is tendered to FedEx. For more information on applicable surcharges, please visit fedex.ca/rates. Please note that if the return label isn’t used, no charges will apply.
2. Who pays for the print or email return label shipment?
The return shipment transportation charges and surcharges can be billed to the original shipper or a third party’s FedEx account number. The current billing restrictions for China and Taiwan third-party payors will apply to return shipments.
3. Is there a minimum volume requirement?
No minimum volume is required. You must, however, have a current version of a FedEx® electronic shipping solution in order to access this feature.
4. Is there an expiration date for the print or email return label?
As long as the account that created the label is in good standing, the print return label does not have an expiration date. Email return labels may be set to be accessible for a maximum of two years from the date of the request. Once the email return label has been printed (like the print return label), it never expires for use, as long as the account that created the label is in good standing.
5. Which FedEx shipping services are available for FedEx Global Returns?
The following services are available* for FedEx Global Returns:
- FedEx First Overnight®
- FedEx Priority Overnight®
- FedEx 2Day®
- FedEx Economy®
- FedEx 1Day® Freight
- FedEx Ground®
U.S. and International
- FedEx International First®
- FedEx International Priority®
- FedEx® International Economy
- FedEx® International Priority Freight
- FedEx® International Economy Freight
- FedEx International GroundTM
*Service selections for the intra-country/territory print return label vary, based on availability. Please refer to your FedEx Service Guide for available service offerings.
6. Which FedEx electronic shipping solutions support the print and email return labels?
FedEx Ship Manager™ at fedex.ca, FedEx Ship Manager™ Software, FedEx Ship Manager™ Server, and FedEx Web Services support the print and email return labels.
7. Is FedEx Global Returns available from all countries/territories?
FedEx Global Returns is available anywhere FedEx currently offers automated outbound service, with the exception of U.S.-Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico-U.S., and intra-Puerto Rico return shipments. A listing of the countries/territories FedEx Global Returns supports can be found here.
Original Shipper Questions:
1. Can I choose a FedEx Express® international service for the outbound shipment and FedEx International Ground™ service for the return shipment?
Yes, different shipping services may be selected for the outbound and return portion of a shipment. For example, outbound shipments to the U.S. can be sent via a FedEx Express international service, and the return can be sent via FedEx International Ground service, and vice versa.
2. Can I save both the print return label and customs documentation?
Yes, both the label and the customs documentation can be saved as a PDF or image file and emailed to your customer from your email address.
3. Can I use FedEx for the customs brokerage for my international returns?
Yes, for FedEx Express international shipments, the brokerage service is provided at no extra charge. For FedEx International Ground™ shipments, a clearance entry fee will apply.
4. Can I use my own customs broker for international returns?
Yes, the FedEx® International Broker Select Option is available with the global print and email return labels.
5. Can I track the status of my return packages?
Yes, you can track the status of your return shipment at fedex.ca/track. It will show you the link between the original outbound shipment and return shipment. To download reports, log into FedEx® Tracking and use the data export feature. The reports will show both the outbound and return shipment together, allowing you to track the status of the return shipment — whether it’s in transit or has yet to be shipped — and you can access that data for up to two years.
6. Can I use FedEx® Electronic Trade Documents for the return shipment?
No, electronic trade documents does not support international return shipments.
7. Are multiple-piece shipments eligible for returns?
No, multiple-piece shipments are not eligible for international returns.
8. I have been emailing the return label in .pdf format to my customers. What is the difference between a PDF and the email return label?
You can create a print return label, save it as a PDF or image file and use your company’s email account to send it to your customers. When your customers receive the return label, they can print it and ship the package, however, they cannot edit the shipment details. If they require any edits to the information on the return label or lose it, they will have to contact you, the original shipper, for a new label.
You can also create an email return label — FedEx sends an email to the return shipper with a link to access the return label online. The return shipper has the ability to directly edit any details of the return shipment, which saves time and effort, because they don’t have to contact you, the original shipper, for a new return label. This can be critical for international return shipments. Please note that the email return label has a slightly higher surcharge.
Returning Shipper Questions:
1. Who should I contact if I have questions about the required customs documentation for an international shipment?
Please contact FedEx Customer Service at 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339.
2. Who should I contact if I cannot locate the return label and customs documentation that I was sent?
You should contact the party who initially sent the return label and customs documentation to you. You can reprint the email return labels and customs documentation for up to five days after you initially access them.
3. Do I need a FedEx account number to schedule a pickup?
You do not need to have a FedEx account number to send a return shipment. You can call FedEx Customer Service to schedule a FedEx pickup with only a tracking number, or include the return shipment as part of your regular scheduled pickup (if you have one). If you do not have a regular scheduled pickup with FedEx, your return shipment can be dropped off at any FedEx® shipping location, or FedEx Express® Drop Box (for FedEx Express return shipments only).
4. How can I identify whether my return label is setup for FedEx Express or FedEx Ground service?
This symbol signifies a FedEx Express return.
This symbol signifies a FedEx Ground return.
5. What should I do if I only have one return label, but two packages to return?
You should contact the original shipper and request that another return label be sent to you for the second shipment.
6. What should I do if the contents of my return shipment don’t match what is indicated on the label and customs documentation that I was sent?
You should contact the party who initially sent the label and customs documentation to you and request a new print return label, or have them email you an editable return label and the customs documentation.
Terms and Conditions
FedEx Global Returns solution shipments are governed by the respective terms and conditions applicable to the country/territory from which the shipment is returned. The terms and conditions of service may vary between countries/territories. For details, find the country/territory in question and click the link.
Central & South America
Argentina - English
Bolivia - English
Brazil - English
Chile - English
Colombia - English
Costa Rica - English
Ecuador - English
El Salvador - English
Guatemala - English
Honduras - English
Nicaragua - English
Panama - English
Paraguay - English
Peru - English
Uruguay - English
Venezuela - English
British Virgin Islands
Dominican Republic - English
Guadeloupe - English
Haiti - English
Martinique - English
Puerto Rico - English
St. Kitts and Nevis
Trinidad and Tobago
Turks & Caicos Islands
U.S. Virgin Islands
Oceania & Pacific
Austria - English
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Czech Republic - English
France - English
Germany - English
Hungary - English
Italy - English
Netherlands - English
Poland - English
Portugal - English
Russia - English
San Marino - English
Serbia and Montenegro
Spain - English
Sweden - English
Switzerland - English
Vatican City State
Vatican City State - English