FedEx Ship Manager® Server
Congratulations on choosing to integrate FedEx Ship Manager Server into your system. This is your source for the documentation and certification you will need.
Learn more about FedEx Ship Manager Server
Functionality. Efficiency. New Features. All Heading Your Way.
The new Software Support Lifecycle will help FedEx continue to deliver high-quality software with the benefits, features, and functionality that our customers value.
Get the speed and flexibility your supply chain and e-commerce systems demand, with these full-strength features and benefits:
- Inbound Visibility: In addition to a variety of tracking options, FedEx Ship Manager Server provides FedEx ShipAlert® notifications of pickups, deliveries and exceptions.
- Standard Rates: Packages are rated with both discount and standard rates from a single rate request to help you predict shipping costs.
- Self-contained: All shipping functionality is contained within the FedEx Ship Manager Server application, preventing the need for constant communications with FedEx systems to perform vital shipping functions.
- Customizable: FedEx Ship Manager Server is a transaction-based application that does not have a predetermined GUI. This allows a customer to develop an interface to meet specific business needs.
- Flexibility: Allows customization and integration of the user interface with existing business systems, providing ease of use.
- Scalable Technology: Delivers scalable technology through function-specific software modules and features that can be activated to meet customers’ business and shipping needs.
- Global Availability: FedEx Ship Manager Server ships to and from any FedEx served origin and destination.
FedEx Ship Manager Server Announcements
- August 2016 – Important Transport Layer Security (TLS) Communication Protocol Update Affecting Your Shipping with FedEx
Click here for additional details.
- August 2016 -- Streamline Your Shipping with New FedEx Software
Today FedEx announces the 2016 general release of new software for FedEx Ship Manager® Server and FedEx Web Services. Product offerings in these releases provides access to new features and enhancements to streamline your shipping processes and enable your day-to-day operations to run smoother. Additionally, several new features will enable you to ship international packages faster and will further streamline your dangerous goods shipping process. You will also gain greater visibility and control over delivery schedules and options.
Ship International easier than before!
- Reclassification of Clearance Entry Fee (CEF) provides the ability to bill the CEF and associated taxes along with duties and taxes to the shipper, recipient or third party. CEF is reclassified from a transportation surcharge to an ancillary fee.
- Hold at Location in Canada provides the Hold at Location lookup functionality to all FedEx Express locations where the service is available.
- Expanded Signature Options allows you to select a desired signature option for international shipments, similar to what’s available for domestic shipments.
Streamline your dangerous goods shipping processes!
- Dangerous Goods enhancements offer you a standard data structure and transmission protocol to upload dangerous goods documentation data. This protocol handles the currently applicable regulations (IATA/ICAO, 49 CFR, ADR) and additional regulations as needed. This data is later used by FedEx Express, FedEx Ground or FedEx Freight operations.
Gain greater visibility and control over delivery schedules and options!
- Estimated Delivery Notification (EDN) provides a new notification option which triggers an email on the delivery date.
- Additional document types for Electronic Trade Documents (ETD) uploads allow you to choose Microsoft Office 2010 Word (docx) and Excel (xlsx) documents as additional supported document types for ETD uploads.
For more details please click on the links below.
- FedEx Web Services 2016 technical documentation and the What’s New document, click here.
- FedEx Ship Manager Server v. 16.0.1 technical documentation and the What’s New document, click here. To view the FedEx Ship Manager Server v. 16.0.1 release notes, click here.
- To learn more about these software releases and for more feature details go to the FedEx Developer Resource Center at fedex.com/us/developer.
Thank you for using FedEx. We appreciate your business.
- May 2016 – FedEx Ship Manager Server version 15.0.3 is available
Click here here to view the FSMS version 15.0.3 Release Notes.
- December 2015 - FedEx 2016 Rate and Pricing Changes
As you begin to plan your next year’s shipping needs, we want to inform you of changes to FedEx® Standard List Rates that will take effect on Jan. 4, 20161. Additionally, effective Jan. 4, 2016, there will be changes to shipping fees and surcharges that may apply to your shipment and affect your total shipping rate.
Which rates are changing?
- FedEx Express package and freight standard list rates will increase an average of 4.9% for U.S., U.S. export and U.S. import services.
- FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery® standard list rates will increase an average of 4.9%.
- FedEx International Premium® rates will change.
- Minimum rates for FedEx Express® services will change.
- FedEx Ground Multiweight® rates will change.
- FedEx SmartPost® rates will change.
- FedEx One Rate® pricing will change.
- FedEx Freight rates will increase by 4.9% on average, applicable to the FXF 1000, FXF 501 and other related series base rates.
- FedEx® Retail Rates will change. Use our Rate Tools application to view 2016 FedEx Retail Rates beginning Jan. 4, 2016.
Where online do I find the newest updates?
Go to fedex.com/us/2016rates to:
- Get detailed information about rate, surcharge, fee and other changes.
- Learn how to use FedEx rate tools.
- Get answers to frequently asked questions.
If you have any questions, please contact your FedEx customer integration consultant or contact the Technical Support Center at 1.877.FDX Assist 1.877.339.2774, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. CST; and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. CST. For more information, go to fedex.com/us/2016rates.
1 Please check your FedEx shipping agreement to determine the net impact of these changes on your shipping costs.
- December 2015 - Important SHA-2 Security Update for FedEx Ship Manager® Server Customers
FedEx proactively enables, promotes and elevates secure automation transaction technology and communication protocol standards. As part of our commitment to ensuring strong encryption standards within SSL/TLS and code-signing certificates, on January 30, 2016, FedEx will be updating our encryption requirements.
FedEx customers with either Windows XP® or Windows® Server 2003 operating systems may need to complete an additional step to ensure their workstations are secure and can continue to communicate with FedEx.
It is important to understand that once FedEx updates its certificates to SHA-2 on January 30, 2016, electronic shipping customers without one of the Service Packs detailed below will be unable to communicate with FedEx.
Windows XP customers:
- Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (and below) alone cannot support SHA-2 encryption
- Microsoft added the ability to support the encryption security via Service Pack 3 (SP3)
- Action to complete prior to January 30, 2016
- Download and install Microsoft SP3 through Windows Updates from the desktop OR
- Download and install Microsoft SP3 from the Microsoft Download Center via the Microsoft website at microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=10767
Windows Server 2003 customers:
- Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 2 (and below) alone cannot not support SHA-2 encryption
- Microsoft added the ability to support the encryption security via a hotfix. The hotfix can only be downloaded from the Microsoft website by requesting hotfix KB 968730 via the “View and request Hotfix downloads” link at support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/968730#/en-us/kb/968730
- Action to complete prior to January 30, 2016
- Download and install hotfix KB 968730
Please ensure that the appropriate team members and customers are aware of this important update. If customers have questions or need technical assistance either before or following the update:
- For the United States and Canada, call 1.877.339.2774 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Support hours are 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. CT Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. CT Saturday
- For Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA), send an email to email@example.com
- For Asia-Pacific (APAC), send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC), send an email to email@example.com
- September 2015 - The FedEx SHA-2 September 19, 2015 Upgrade is Delayed
The initiative for FedEx to update its encryption security to SHA-256 (SHA-2) on Saturday, September 19, 2015 has been delayed. FedEx will keep you informed when this important security update will occur and provide further instructions about downloading the required certificates.
Meanwhile, please ensure that the appropriate team members are aware of this important update.
For FedEx Ship Manager Server:
- For questions or technical assistance in the United States, please call 1.877.339.2774. Support hours are 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. CT Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. CT on Saturday.
- For questions from Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA), send an email to Techsupport_emea@fedex.com.
- For questions from Asia-Pacific (APAC), send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- See all announcements