FedEx Ship Manager® Server
Congratulations on choosing to integrate FedEx Ship Manager Server into your system. This is your source for the documentation and certification you will need.
Learn more about FedEx Ship Manager Server
Your Application May Be Resold:
You must be a member of FedEx Compatible® in order to distribute your software.
Get the speed and flexibility your supply chain and e-commerce systems demand, with these full-strength features and benefits:
- Inbound Visibility: In addition to a variety of tracking options, FedEx Ship Manager Server provides FedEx ShipAlert® notifications of pickups, deliveries and exceptions.
- Standard Rates: Packages are rated with both discount and standard rates from a single rate request to help you predict shipping costs.
- Self-contained: All shipping functionality is contained within the FedEx Ship Manager Server application, preventing the need for constant communications with FedEx systems to perform vital shipping functions.
- Customizable: FedEx Ship Manager Server is a transaction-based application that does not have a predetermined GUI. This allows a customer to develop an interface to meet specific business needs.
- Flexibility: Allows customization and integration of the user interface with existing business systems, providing ease of use.
- Scalable Technology: Delivers scalable technology through function-specific software modules and features that can be activated to meet customers’ business and shipping needs.
- Global Availability: FedEx Ship Manager Server ships to and from any FedEx served origin and destination.
FedEx Ship Manager Server Announcements
- Secure Socket Layer Expiration
On June 13, 2014, the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificate embedded in some FedEx Ship Manager Server versions will expire. As a result, customers without the latest SSL certificate update may experience interrupted services with FedEx. In order to ensure continued security of sensitive customer data and maintain uninterrupted communication with FedEx, a new SSL certificate was downloaded to all impacted meters on FedEx Ship Manager Server versions.
If you are currently on FedEx Ship Manager Server version 12.0.3 and below and would like to ensure the SSL certificate for your current software version is updated, please download and run this SSL certification utility on your FedEx Ship Manager Server system.
- 2014 Rate and Pricing Changes for FedEx® Services
As you begin to plan for next year’s shipping needs, we want to let you know about changes to
FedEx standard list rates that will take effect Jan. 6, 2014.1
Which rates are changing?
- FedEx Express package and freight rates will increase an average of 3.9% for U.S., U.S. export and U.S. import services.
- FedEx Express is not adjusting the fuel price at which the fuel surcharge begins and is not reducing the fuel surcharge.
- FedEx One RateSM pricing will not change.
- There will be an increase in FedEx Ground, FedEx Home Delivery® and FedEx SmartPost® rates.
- Minimum rates for FedEx Express® services will change.
- Select surcharge, fee and other changes will also take effect Jan. 6, 2014.
Where online do I find the newest updates?
Go to fedex.com/rates2014 to:
- Get detailed information about rate, surcharge, fee and other changes.
- Find out how to use FedEx rate tools.
- Get answers to frequently asked questions.
What are my options to learn more?
We provide several ways for you to obtain rate information:
- Go to our dedicated website at fedex.com/rates2014 or access it from the fedex.com home page.
- Beginning Dec. 13, 2013, you can go to fedex.com/2014serviceguide to download the January 6, 2014, FedEx Service Guide.
Effective January 20, 2014, there will be changes to the delivery area surcharge applied to FedEx SmartPost shipments. This surcharge will apply to Parcel Select, Parcel Select Lightweight, Bound Printed Matter, Media and Returns. Go to fedex.com/us/smartpostguide for complete details regarding:
- Rates, surcharges and fees
- Terms and conditions of service
- A list of ZIP codes affected by the FedEx SmartPost delivery area surcharge you can view or download
FedEx Express and FedEx Ground rates are downloaded to all versions of FedEx Ship Manager Server. FedEx SmartPost delivery area surcharges will be downloaded to the following FedEx Ship Manager Server versions: 11.0.2, 11.0.3, 11.0.4, 11.0.5, 11.0.6, 11.0.7, 11.0.9, 12.0.1, 12.0.3, 12.0.5, 12.0.7 and 13.0.1. If you are not currently utilizing one of the above versions of software and subscribe to this contract service, an upgrade is required in order to receive accurate FedEx SmartPost rate quotes.
If you have any questions, please contact your FedEx customer integration consultant or contact the Technical Support Center at 1.877.FDX Assist 1.877.339.2774, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. CST; and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. CST. For more information, go to fedex.com/us/2014rates/.
We appreciate your confidence in us and look forward to serving you in the future.
1 Please check your FedEx shipping agreement to determine the net impact of these changes on your shipping costs.
- August 2013 - What’s New in FedEx Ship Manager Server v13.0.1
For more information click here.
- April 2013 – FedEx Ship Manager® Server Version 11.0.9 is Available
Click here to view the FSMS version 11.0.9 Release Notes.
- February 2013 – FedEx Ship Manager Server Version 11.0.7 is Available
Click here to view the FSMS version 11.0.7 Release Notes.
- February 2013 – New FedEx Ground® Labels Mean Better Service Reliability
FedEx is updating and improving the FedEx Ground shipping label to be consistent with the new FedEx Express label released in 2011. Most notably, you’ll see a new barcode. This will enable us to implement new services and include more detail about each shipment right on the label. You’ll also notice a better label layout and improved barcode legibility — which means increased read rates and service reliability.
We began using the new label and barcode last month, and we will gradually be increasing production over the next few months. Here are the changes you’ll start to see:
- The barcode length will increase from 22 to 34 characters.
- The FedEx Ground shipper number will be located in positions 10–19 of the barcode (separate from the tracking number).
- The tracking number will be located in positions 21–34 of the barcode.
- The length of the tracking number will be 12 characters (with the ability to expand to 14 characters in the future).
- Some label content and identifiers will be in new positions.
- FedEx Home Delivery® shipping labels will no longer include a “G” identifier, just an “H.”
Answer the following questions to determine if these changes will affect your shipping and receiving processes:
- Do you scan FedEx Ground barcodes today as part of your business process?
- Do you use a custom-designed label for FedEx Ground® shipments?
- Do you sort FedEx Ground or FedEx Home Delivery shipments manually?
If you answered “No” to the above questions, the barcode changes should not affect you.
If you answered “Yes” to any of the questions, please go to fedex.com/barcodeupdates to find out more about the new labels and make the transition easier. You should also be sure to inform any groups that are directly affected by these changes — like IT or shipping and receiving departments.
- See all announcements