|FedEx offers the following developer solution options.|
|Developer Solution||FedEx Web Services||FedEx Ship Manager Server||FedEx Web Integration Wizard|
|Delivery Platform||Interface to FedEx-hosted functionality used by developers to integrate FedEx shipping or FedEx Office document printing and finishing functionality into software programs, web sites or web applications||Interface to customer-hosted functionality -Server software installed in customer’s data center and integrated into their existing software||Interface to FedEx-hosted functionality via FedEx Web Services to integration FedEx shipping and other functionality directly into your web site|
Customers that want to integrate FedEx shipping functionality directly into their existing order-entry, warehouse management and other business software systems, but don’t want to host their own software
Customers that want to integrate FedEx Office document printing and finishing functionality into their own content creation, document management, or procurement solutions
Customers that have IT/developer resources to create their own GUI
Customers that have an absolute need for integration, and speed
Customers that have IT/developer resources to create their own GUI - Hundreds or even thousands of PPD
|Customers that need quick Web based solutions with minimal IT/Developer Resources|
|Administrative Capabilities||Not Provided||
FedEx Ship Manager® Enterprise
Complete shipping solution for highest-volume environments
Offers administrative control over multiple users in multiple locations
Resides on customer environment
Has a GUI
|Technical Resources||Access FedEx Web Services for Shipping Technical Resources
Access FedEx Web Services for Office and Print Technical Resources
|Access FedEx Ship Manager Server Technical Resources||Access FedEx Web Integration Wizard|
FedEx Web Services is the next generation API for integrating software applications with FedEx Systems. Web services represent the future application integration because they offer the following:
- Inter-operability: Any Web service can interact with any other Web service and can be written in any language.
- Ubiquity: Web services communicate using HTTP and XML--So any connected device that supports these technologies can both host and access Web Services.
- Low Barrier to Entry: The concepts behind Web services are easy to understand, and developers can quickly create and deploy them using many tool-kits available on the web.
- Industry Support: Major content providers and vendors are supporting the Web services movement.
View the Demo
FedEx Web Services are designed to achieve the following:
Integrate common FedEx functionality into your business workflow, including the ability to locate the best rates, estimate transit times, and track shipments.
Save time by automating common processes like rate and service selection, generating labels, and exchanging data between information sources.
FedEx Web Services conforms to industry standards and is compatible with a comprehensive array of developer's tools to provide faster time to market and increased flexability to integrate FedEx transactions and information into your applications.
FedEx WSDLs are designed to be fully interoperable with any product or developer's tool that also conforms to the WS-I Basic Profile. For details see: Web Services Interoperability.
A Wealth of Resources
FedEx Web Services Technical Resource offers developers a secure environment to access the resources necessary for integration--from product planning guidance, documentation and sample code all the way to testing and production. Everything a developer needs to complete a FedEx integration project in record time.
Register to access Technical Resources and get started today!
FedEx Web Services Capabilities
FedEx Web Services is organized into Standard and Advanced services. Standard services do not require certification for proprietary developers, while Advanced services do require certification for these users (see the Understanding Requirements for more information on certification requirements and developer types).
The Developer Resource Center offers sample code for several programming languages such as: Java, C#, C++, VB.Net, and PHP.
FedEx Web Services for Shipping
||Rate||Provide origin, destination, weight, and service and obtain rate quote|
|Rate Available Services||Provide origin, destination and weight and obtain list of available services rate quotes|
|Service Availability||Provide origin and destination information and obtain list of available FedEx Express services. (Excludes FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery).|
|Tracking and Visibility
||Track||View tracking information for all of your inbound, outbound or third-party shipments.|
|FedEx Signature Proof of Delivery||Obtain delivery confirmation as well as signature proof of delivery|
|FedEx Notification||Email notification of package shipment or delivery|
||Drop-Off Locator||Find out closest drop off locations|
|Shipping||Ship/Cancel Ship||Obtain a label for your package|
|Ground Close||Close groups of shipments and generate shipment manifest for package pick up|
|Email Label/Cancel email label||Send a return shipment label to a recipient email address|
|Courier Dispatch||Courier Dispatch/Cancel Courier Dispatch||Request Courier pick up|
|Call Tags||Express Tag/ Cancel Express Tag||Request FedEx Express package pick up without any labels (labels will be provided by FedEx courier)|
|Express Tag Availability||Check availability of express tag service|
|Ground Call Tag/Cancel Ground Call Tag||Request FedEx Ground package pick up without any labels (labels will be provided by FedEx courier)|
|Other||Address Verification||Validate US addresses
Identify US Business and Residential addresses
When to Use FedEx Web Services for Shipping
FedEx Web Services are best for:
- Online transactions which require immediate response
- Situations with low to moderately intensive transaction volume
Want to know more about FedEx Web Services for Shipping? Click here.
FedEx Web Services for Office and Print is a portfolio of transaction interfaces to digital printing functionality hosted by FedEx Office. These transactions provide an avenue for software developers to create custom, highly efficient solutions that enable users to manage the creation, configuration and submission of FedEx Office digital print orders.
Whether your document-centric workflow revolves around a content management system, document management system or productivity application, with access to FedEx Office digital printing built into the business software you use most, you can upload documents, declare finishing and binding intent and tender your print orders to FedEx Office more conveniently and efficiently than ever.
|Note:||FedEx Web Services for Office and Print is not a component of the FedEx shipping integration portfolio. If your intent is to develop a shipping solution, please reference the FedEx Web Services for Shipping and FedEx Ship Manager Server solutions.|
Developers seeking to seamlessly connect their existing processes and systems to the FedEx Office print fulfillment network will be provided with an extensive set of technical materials to ensure a quick, successful integration.
Developer materials include:
- FedEx Web Services for Office and Print Developer Guide
- Web Service Transaction Guides
- Sample software code
FedEx Web Service for Office and Print Capabilities
Web Services supporting FedEx Office digital print integration are categorized as Advanced services. FedEx certification of your solution will be required prior to its deployment being authorized.
If you have questions regarding which of the below Web Services is right for you, ask your FedEx Office Sales executive to initiate a technical consultation request. A FedEx Office customer technology consultant will contact you regarding how best to automate your document printing and finishing processes.
|Print Online||Upload Location / Upload Status Location||Upload a document to FedEx Office and then use FedEx OfficeSM Print Online to configure print, finishing and fulfillment options and submit the order. Go to printonline.fedex.com.
|Office Order||Upload Location||Upload a document to FedEx Office.
|Rate Office Order
||Provide print, finishing and fulfillment intent associated with a document uploaded to FedEx Office and obtain a rate quote.
|Create Office Order
||Provide print, finishing and fulfillment intent associated with a document uploaded to FedEx Office and your print order will be received, fulfilled and billed by FedEx Office.
When to Use FedEx Web Services for Office and Print
- To automate your purchase of FedEx Office printing services
- To achieve fast, efficient access to FedEx Office printing services from within your business software
- To control purchasing and management processes associated with your document-centric workflow
New URSA Patch Available
In order to make your shipping process easier and more reliable, FedEx is releasing a patch containing a critical Universal Routing and Sort Aid (URSA) update. You should install this patch to ensure you can continue to create accurate shipping labels.
Since our records indicate that you are using a legacy version of FedEx Ship Manager® Server that was released several years ago, this patch will be staged to your system over the next few weeks. This software is provided and its use is subject to your FedEx Automation Agreement.
Thank you for installing the patch. If you have any questions or need assistance, please call the FedEx Ship Manager Server Technical Support Center at 1.877.FDX Assist 1.877.339.2774. Since this system is voice-activated, say "FedEx Ship Manager Server" when prompted.
Get High Speed for Your High Volume
If you're a high-volume shipper, FedEx Ship Manager Server (FSMS) is the hardware and software application that offers a full-service shipping solution and provides a combination of competitively priced services for domestic and international shipments. This solution not only accelerates package shipping, but along with its high speed shipping "engine," FedEx Ship Manager Server is designed to be integrated into your existing systems so you can streamline your supply chain and relevant data. FedEx Ship Manager Server is free to high-volume FedEx customers.
Features and Benefits
Get the speed and flexibility your supply chain and eCommerce systems demand, with these full-strength features and benefits:
- Inbound Visibility: In addition to a variety of tracking options, FSMS provides ShipAlert notifications of pickups, deliveries, and exceptions.
- Standard Rates: Packages are rated with both discount AND standard rates from a single rate request to help you predict shipping costs.
- Self-contained: All shipping functionality is contained within the FSMS application, preventing the need for constant communications with FedEx systems to perform vital shipping functions. This greatly increases the speed of the application and significantly reduces the security risks inherent in point-to-point electronic communications.
- Customizable: FSMS is a transaction-based application that does not have a predetermined GUI. This allows a customer to develop an interface to meet specific business needs.
- Scalable Technology: Adapts and expands to customers' changing needs, allowing a single installation of FSMS to support a large number of shipping origins, accounts, and meters regardless of location. This allows a customer to dedicate only the required amount of resources (hardware and personnel) as needed to support FSMS. The server application includes function-specific software modules and features that can be activated according to your business and shipping needs.
- Global: FSMS ship to and fromm any FedEx served origin and destination.
When to use FSM Server
- We recommend that integrations requiring extremely high volume be implemented with FedEx Ship Manager Server.
- Situations where network connectivity is in question or undesired.
Enhance the Value of Your Site
Boost your customer satisfaction and internal productivity by offering access on your web site to FedEx functionality and services. Learn more about how you can use the FedEx Web Integration Wizard to quickly and easily access ship, rate, signature proof of delivery, track and other features offered by our FedEx Web Services solution from your own web site.
- Create a shipping label directly from your own web site.
- Add shipment tracking capability to your site.
- Allow customers to track packages on your site using alternate references.
- Display signatures for delivered packages.
- Provide access to FedEx Express and Ground list rates to your customers.
- Design and customize the web page to look as you want it to look
- Send preprinted return labels to customers or employees who have return shipments.