Ship temperature-sensitive items with confidence
Sometimes while shipping, an unexpected delay happens. Whether it’s inclement weather or a clearance delay, you should feel confident that your temperature-sensitive shipment is protected. FedEx has you covered with the FedEx Cold Chain Center Memphis.
If a contingency occurs while a shipment is in transit, the shipment may be routed to this state-of-the-art facility in Memphis, Tennessee, and stored at the temperature it requires. Ideal for perishable or healthcare shipments, this facility will give you peace of mind.
- Handles with care: An area for palletizing, staging and handling cold chain shipments, including the FedEx® thermal blanket solution.
- Always cold: Dry-ice replenishment and gel-pack exchange. Plus, a 2°C to 8°C cross-docking station to support less-than-truckload (LTL) cold shipping.
- Beyond temperature: CO2 and humidity levels are also closely monitored.
- 24-7 monitoring: On-site International Document Agent station where dedicated FedEx Express personnel monitor the cold chain rooms.
- Meets requirements: The cold chain center complies with the Transported Asset Protection Association (TAPA) requirements.
The temperature your shipment needs
The FedEx Cold Chain Center Memphis features three temperature-controlled rooms for the following temperature ranges:
- Frozen: -25°C to -10°C
- Cold: 2°C to 8°C
- Controlled room temperature: 15°C to 25°C