No-hassle packaging that maintains a consistently cold temperature
Keep your temperature-sensitive shipments cold without the weight, hassle and expense of gel packs with the cold shipping package provided by FedEx.
It includes a chilling unit activated by the shipper and placed in the box with the shipment. The unit continuously evaporates small amounts of water at low pressure, keeping your shipment at 2°C to 8°C for up to 48 or 96 hours*, depending on the packaging option you choose.
The cold shipping package provided by FedEx allows you to maintain a consistently cold temperature with no special training and affords high levels of shipment integrity.
- Constant temperature: Keep your shipment in a consistent 2°C to 8°C environment.
- Five box sizes: Small standard, medium standard, large standard, medium extended, large extended.
- Two cooling duration options: Keep shipments cool up to 48 hours* with our standard unit (available for all three sizes) or up to 96 hours* with our extended duration unit (available in medium and large).
- Light weight: Relative to dry ice or gel packs, you'll pay less to ship the unit itself.
- Hassle-free preparation: Simply press a button to start the unit right before you pack it.
- Infectious and non-infectious substance compliance: For all infectious substances, you must use inner packaging, which meets IATA Packing Instruction 650 for UN 3373 only.
- Replacement cooling engines: Easily replace an expired cooling engine on your cold shipping package. Engines are available in all five package sizes.
Getting and using the packaging
Place your order online through a customized, secure FedEx web portal.
FedEx delivers the temperature-controlled packaging to your pickup point.
Simply load your materials into the container. FedEx then picks up the shipment and delivers it.
The recipient unpacks the materials from the container.