No-hassle packaging that maintains a consistently cold temperature
Keep your temperature-sensitive shipments cold without the weight, hassle and expense of gel packs with the cold shipping package provided by FedEx.
It includes a chilling unit activated by the shipper and placed in the box with the shipment. The unit continuously evaporates small amounts of water at low pressure, keeping your shipment at 2°C to 8°C for up to 48 or 96 hours*, depending on the packaging option you choose.
The cold shipping package provided by FedEx allows you to maintain a consistently cold temperature with no special training and affords high levels of shipment integrity.
- Constant temperature: Keep your shipment in a consistent 2°C to 8°C environment.
- Five box sizes: Small standard, medium standard, large standard, medium extended, large extended.
- Two cooling duration options: Keep shipments cool up to 48 hours* with our standard unit (available for all three sizes) or up to 96 hours* with our extended duration unit (available in medium and large).
- Light weight: Relative to dry ice or gel packs, you'll pay less to ship the unit itself.
- Hassle-free preparation: Simply press a button to start the unit right before you pack it.
- Infectious and non-infectious substance compliance: For all infectious substances, you must use inner packaging, which meets IATA Packing Instruction 650 for UN 3373 only.
- Replacement cooling engines: Easily replace an expired cooling engine on your cold shipping package. Engines are available in all five package sizes.
Getting and using the packaging
Place your order* through the secure Veritiv web portal.
FedEx delivers the temperature-controlled packaging to your pickup point.
Simply load your materials into the container. FedEx then picks up the shipment and delivers it.
The recipient unpacks the materials from the container.
FedEx makes no representations concerning the information provided or made available on such sites nor the quality or acceptability of the products or services offered by any persons or entities referenced in any such sites.