Corporate social responsibility is vitally important to who we are as a company. Our policies ensure that we rigorously adhere to the highest standards in ethical behavior, environmental sustainability, data security and more.
Code of Business Conduct and Ethics
Our global Code of Business Conduct and Ethics sets a high standard for behavioral conduct in areas that include workplace health, safety and environment, human rights, harassment and discrimination, conflicts of interest and gifts and entertainment. Every team member is familiarized with the Code during onboarding and encouraged to report all suspected violations using our 24-hour FedEx Alert Line service or by contacting management, Legal or Human Resources. The Code is publicly available on our Investor Relations website.
Combating Slavery and Human Trafficking
FedEx is committed to the zero-tolerance policies adopted by the U.S. and other governments to combat slavery or the trafficking of persons for any purpose. FedEx prohibits trafficking-related activities and we expect our suppliers and contractors to uphold these important principles, as well. FedEx encourages the reporting of any suspected violations through the FedEx Alert Line or other channel, and our policies forbid any form of retaliation for fulfilling this obligation. For more information, please see our Policy Prohibiting Trafficking in Persons.
Data Security and Privacy
Public Policy Engagement
FedEx engages in public policy initiatives that align with our business interests and expertise. In compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, we conduct lobbying activities, provide publicly disclosed political contributions and encourage voluntary employee participation through our political action committee. For more information, please see our Policy on Political Contributions.
FedEx recognizes that the long-term health of our business is directly connected to the health of the planet and local communities. We remain focused on sourcing environmental solutions that will lessen our footprint, while serving as an example to our peers. As part of our ongoing efforts, FedEx focuses on the following initiatives:
- Commitment to a continual improvement process in environmental management.
- Evaluation of environmental impacts of FedEx packaging products, operations and facilities with a commitment to minimize impacts and restore properties affected by our operations.
- Improvement of employee environmental performance through detailed policies and procedures, training and recognition of excellence.
- Efficient use of natural resources to minimize waste generation through efforts that include recycling, innovation and prevention of pollution.
- Measurement of environmental performance by use of a framework to set and review objectives and targets, audit progress, sanction employee accountability and report to senior management and external stakeholders.
- Integration of environmental responsibilities and considerations into daily operations and business decision-making processes.
- Participation in the development of sound environmental policy within the transportation and business sectors.
- Commitment to emergency preparedness and response in order to minimize any potential environmental impacts resulting from day-to-day operations.
- Use of innovations and technologies to minimize atmospheric emissions and noise.
- Promotion of effective environmental management by our suppliers and contractors.
- Compliance with all applicable environmental laws and regulations.
- The promotion of awareness regarding environmental policies for employees and the public.