FedEx Custom Critical - Claims Support
Find information on filing a claim with FedEx Custom Critical.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I file a claim?
There are several ways to file a FedEx Custom Critical cargo claim:
- Download or print the cargo claim form (DOT).
- Return the completed cargo claim form and supporting documentation.
- Mail: Attn: FedEx Custom Critical Cargo Claims Administrator P.O. Box 5000 Green, OH 44232-5000
- Fax: 1.234.310.4151
- How long will the claims process take?
We will acknowledge receipt of a claim within 30 days of receipt. Claims are required to be resolved within 120 days unless there are mitigating circumstances, e.g. additional validation documentation, testing results, etc.
- Who can file a claim?
Any one associated with a transport move can file a claim as long as they can validate ownership, and only one claim per shipment may be filed.
- Will I be paid full value for the damage?
If FedEx Custom Critical accepts liability for the damage or loss it is only responsible for the lesser of the "cost of repair, cost to replace, released value or declared value. And...will not be liable for any claims of diminished, special, or consequential damages, value or any other value not specifically set forth in the shipping documents."
- What information do I need to submit with the claim?
- Signed and dated FedEx Custom Critical cargo claims form (DOT).
- Legible copy of the freight bill, Bill of Lading and delivery receipt.
- If the shipment was an intermodal shipment, then copies of all Bills of Lading and delivery receipts are required for all transportation segments.
- Original invoice showing manufacturing cost/wholesale cost of the freight.
- Invoice for repair or repackaging, showing breakdown for labor by hour and rate of pay, if applicable.
- Photos of damaged products, and/or condition of freight at delivery.
- Salvage value of freight, if applicable.
- Who can I speak with regarding the claim or process?
Call the FedEx Custom Critical Cargo Claims Department at 1.234.310.4352.
- Is there a time frame for filing a claim?
For ground transport not associated with air transport, a communication in writing from a claimant for loss or damage must be filed within nine (9) months after the delivery of the property (or, in case of export traffic, within nine (9) months after delivery at the port of export) except that claims for failure to make delivery (or portion thereof) must be filed within nine (9) months from the date and time of delivery as established by the carrier at time of original order entry.
- What determines how much will be paid on a claim?
FedEx Custom Critical will review the shipment documentation, i.e. Bill of Lading, Tariff, and/or client contracts to determine which document prevails and base liability upon those terms.