FedEx Freight volume services — reliable shipping and economical rates for large freight.
It pays to be flexible. If your large-volume, less-than-truckload (LTL) freight shipment isn’t in a rush, you can get economical rates by taking advantage of unused truckload space.
Does my freight shipment qualify?:
FedEx Freight volume services has extensive coverage throughout the contiguous U.S. and between points in Canada, and is available for LTL freight shipments that:
- Weigh between 4,000 and 44,000 lbs.
- Require at least 10 ft. (up to 56 ft., or two full pup trailers) of trailer space
- Shipments may not:
- Deliver to a residential area
- Require temperature control
- Deliver to conventions, exhibitions, or trade shows
- Contain stopoffs
- Require liftgates
- Require cash on delivery
Find the best rate for your schedule and budget with one of our three volume service options:
TLX (Truckload Exempt)
- Offers lower quote
- Service standard will not be greater than twice (2 times) the FedEx Freight® Economy transit times
- Lower liability coverage
TLS (Truckload Service)
- Transit times will be the stated FedEx Freight Economy transit times*
- Higher liability coverage
EXCL (Exclusive Use)
- Timeframe determined at time of quote
- Shipment moves separate from other goods in a secure, dedicated trailer
- Classified as a FedEx Freight® Priority shipment* (transit times not guaranteed)
What’s best for my shipment? Every shipment is different. Contact a FedEx representative to find the best options for your business.
For a quote, you can:
- Call one of our dedicated Capacity Management specialists at 1.888.465.5646 (toll-free)
- Email email@example.com
- Get direct access to the FedEx Freight Spot Quote API® tool for your frequent shipment needs. Find out how.
For more information:
- Call FedEx Freight Customer Service at 1.866.393.4585 (toll-free)
- Contact your FedEx Freight account executive
- Download a printable handout for FedEx Freight volume services or FedEx Freight volume services Exclusive Use.
*While FedEx always works to meet your needs and maintain shipment integrity, delivery times for these services are not guaranteed.
- Backhaul lane availability changes weekly and monthly.
- All services are subject to the terms and conditions of the FXF 100 Series Rules Tariff.