Simplify My Shipping
To download and install the current Zebra® printer drivers using the USB, parallel and serial ports for the Microsoft® Windows® Vista, Microsoft® Windows® 2000 and Microsoft® Windows® XP operating systems, click Download/Install Zebra Printer Drivers.
Back to Top
After you have installed the Zebra 500 thermal printer driver, follow the procedure below to complete the setup of your thermal printer driver with FedEx Ship Manager® Software.
Note: If you intend to use FedEx Ship Manager Software but you have not installed the software yet, insert the FedEx Ship Manager Software CD and follow the installation procedure.
If you are using FedEx Ship Manager Software and have already installed the software, follow these steps:
- Launch FedEx Ship Manager Software.
- From the tool bar, select System Settings from the Customize menu. The System Settings – System/Account screen displays.
- Select the appropriate system number and click Modify. The Systems Settings screen displays.
- Select the 2 — FedEx Customer Admin tab.
- At the bottom of the screen in the section labeled Set Default Printers, click the Browse button next to the Label Printer field. Select the printer driver you just installed, such as Zebra ZP 500 (ZPL), and click OK.
- Click OK to exit System Settings. To verify that the printer is properly configured, select Printer Setup from the click Utilities menu. The label printer you just installed should display in the Label Printer section. If not, select the label printer from the drop-down menu. Click Test Printer and then click OK.
Back to Top
Whether your roll media is inside-wound or outside-wound, you load it into the printer the same way.
Remove the outside length of media. During shipment, the roll may become dirty when handled or dusty when stored. Removing the outside length avoids dragging adhesive or
dirty media between the print head and platen roller.
- Open the printer by pulling the release levers toward the front of the printer.
- Pull the left media hanger to the side.
- Orient the media roll so that its printing surface faces up as it passes over the platen.
- Lower the roll between the hangers and release the left hanger onto the core.
- Verify the core rests on the hangers and the roll turns freely. The roll must not sit in the
bottom of the media compartment.
- Thread the labels through the Label Guides.
- Adjust the Label Guides as needed.
- Close the cover and press the Feed button.
Back to Top
As the label prints, it is either not complete, missing information or printing across two labels. This may be due to the incorrect label format being defined in FedEx Ship Manager.
Verify the part number from the last label that printed. On the bottom right of the label, there is a corresponding part number in purple (see examples below).
- 153078-077 - Indicates a Format 77 label. (4" x 5" Thermal Label with FedEx Logo)
- 154254-354 - Indicates a Format 354 label. (4" x 6 3/4" Thermal Label with Doc Tab)
- 156295-434 - Indicates a Format 354 label. (4" x 6" Thermal Label without Doc Tab)
- 156297-435 - Indicates a Format 435 label. (4" x 6 " Thermal Label without Doc Tab)
To properly configure FedEx Ship Manager for the correct label format, follow these steps:
- From the main shipping screen, select Shipping Profiles from the Customize menu. The View Shipping Profiles screen displays.
- Select the appropriate domestic or international shipping profile and click View/Edit. The View/Edit Domestic Shipping Profile screen displays for domestic shipping profiles. The View/Edit International Shipping Profile screen displays for international shipping profiles.
- To change the label format for FedEx Express domestic shipments, click the 2 - FedEx Express Prefs tab. In the Label Format section, select the appropriate label format for the label part number and click OK.
- To change the label format for FedEx Express international shipments, click the 2 - FedEx Express Prefs tab. In the Label Format section, select the appropriate label format for the label part number and click OK.
- To change the label format for FedEx Ground domestic shipments, click the 5 - FedEx Ground Prefs tab. In the Label Format section, select the appropriate label format for the label part number and click OK.
- To change the label format for FedEx Ground international shipments, click the 4 - FedEx Ground Prefs tab. In the Label Format section, select the appropriate label format for the label part number and click OK.
- After making your changes, click OK on the View Shipping Profiles screen.
- Reboot (exit and relaunch) the software and attempt to ship a package.
Back to Top
- With the printer power on and top cover closed, press and hold the Feed button for several seconds. A series of flashes occurs.
- Release the Feed button after four consecutive flashes. This resets the printer to the default factory settings and modes. The printer then performs a standard media calibration.
Back to Top