FedEx Ship Manager Server Support
If you're a high-volume shipper, FedEx Ship Manager Server® is the hardware and software application that offers a full-service shipping solution. View our Frequently Asked Questions below for more information.
- What is FedEx Ship Manager Server?
FedEx Ship Manager® Server is a solution for high-volume shippers, giving you the speed and convenience of a dedicated connection to FedEx. FedEx Ship Manager® Server is for the most technologically advanced shippers who need to process, label, and ship large volumes of packages. The software solution allows full integration of the FedEx service modules - tracking, rating and routing - with a company's existing computer systems.
- How do I qualify for FedEx Ship Manager Server?
Use of FedEx Ship Manager® Server is free to high-volume FedEx customers. To find out if your organization qualifies, contact your FedEx account executive or e-mail us to request an appointment.
- Where can I submit a request for additional functionality or provide feedback relative to my electronic shipping solution?
FedEx is committed to delivering quality service to our customers. We would like to hear from you regarding your experience with us. Listening to our customers is a high priority at FedEx. We are working harder to better serve you. If you would like to request additional functionality, or submit a compliment or complaint, please e-mail us.
- How do I know that FedEx is protecting the information about my shipments that I'm transferring electronically?
At FedEx, we are as committed to securing the information about your shipments and protecting your privacy as we are to delivering your packages and envelopes safely and reliability. To learn more, visit the Customer Protection Center.
- How do I request technical assistance?
For technical support, call 1.877.339.2774 and state FedEx Ship Manager® Server at the voice prompt. Support hours are from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. (CST), Monday thru Friday, and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (CST) on Saturdays.
- What are the systems requirements?
The FedEx Ship Manager® Server software includes the application you will need to automate your shipping processes and expedite the processing of your FedEx shipments. The following are systems requirements or other hardware recommended to run the software at optimal capacity:
- Windows 2000 SP4, Windows 2003SP2, or Windows XP SP2 Server operating system.
- Windows Vista
- Windows 2008 (Standard)
- 2 GB RAM
- 1.33 GHz processor
- 10 GB hard drive (minimum)
- Hayes compatible 56k modem
- 10/100 Mbps network adapter
- Windows-compatible CD ROM drive
- Environment that is 50 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit
Supported thermal printers:
- EPL Printers
- Zebra 2348 Plus (Warehouse)
- Zebra 2844 (Desktop)
- ZPL Printers
- Zebra Z4M Plus (Warehouse) li>
- Zebra ZP500 Plus (Desktop)
- Zebra ZP500 (Desktop)
Supported dot matrix printers:
- Lexmark 2480
- Lexmark 2580
Recommended servers: (other models are not supported by the FedEx Hotline):
- HP Tower Rack
- HP Proliant ML 330 G3
- HP Proliant ML 310
- HP Proliant ML 310 G5
- HP Proliant ML 310 G4
- HP ServerRack
- HP Proliant DL 360 G3
- HP Proliant DL 360 G4
- HP Proliant DL 360 G5HP ServerRack
- HP Proliant DL 360 G3
- Dell PowerEdge SC 440 (Tower Rack)
- Dell PowerEdge 1950 (Server Rack)
FedEx does not support any other server models.
FedEx Ship Manager Server software must communicate with FedEx directly through a network connection. The following items are required for network connectivity:
- GoToAssist is the online application for FSMS support
- The server running the software application must be configured to TCP/IP protocol.
- WinSocket must be loaded on the server
- The server must have a network connection
- A dedicated IP address is required
To integrate FedEx Ship Manager Server software with your enterprise resource planning, warehouse management, scanning, or third-party systems, etc., you will need dedicated IT resources to program shipping transactions and network these systems.
- Is there a limit to the number of customer accounts that can be set up via FedEx Ship Manager Server?
There is no limit. However, if you have a large number of locations all sending to one FedEx Ship Manager Server, you should stagger the close transactions and use a backup server.
- Does FedEx Ship Manager Server create an invoice?
No, FedEx Ship Manager Server customers do not create an invoice.
- Can you pre-assign tracking numbers with FedEx Ship Manager Server?
Yes. Tracking numbers may be preassigned from the range of tracking numbers available on FSMS.
- How fast is FedEx Ship Manager Server?
FedEx Ship Manager Server processes eight express shipping transactions per second on average. Many other transactions take even less time.
- What shipping label options are available with FedEx Ship Manager Server?
You have several options. You can create, format and print a FedEx-approved custom label and add custom fields, if needed. The label must meet FedEx specifications. You may use FedEx Ship Manager Server provided thermal labels, create custom labels using FedEx Ship Manager Server provided data, use plain paper laser labels, or print *.png images that can be embedded into a custom plain paper laser label.
- Is it possible to send different reports to different printers?
Yes. For example, you can print the courier report in the shipping area and print the invoice report on the accounting department printer.